SLP, Home Health PRN
Company: CenterWell Home Health
Posted on: May 25, 2023
DescriptionCenterWell Home Health serves over 85,000 patients
each day, with more than 350 locations across 38 states. As part of
Humana's Home Solutions business, we are bringing better care
continuity and health outcomes into the home. We put patients at
the center of everything we do, while working in collaboration with
healthcare providers to bring multi-disciplinary care to the most
appropriate or convenient setting. The result is easy,
comprehensive and personalized care that helps patients lead
healthier, happier lives.ResponsibilitiesAs a Home Health Speech
Language Pathologist, you will:
- Evaluate, direct and provide speech/language pathology service
to patients in the home or facility
- Participate in the development and periodic review of the Plan
of Treatment and Plan of Care.
- Utilize professional skills and judgment in assessing and
treating disorders of speech, voice, language, hearing and
swallowing to prevent, identify, evaluate and minimize the effects
of such disorders and conditions.
- Administer and interpret diagnostic tests and applications of
therapeutic treatments including audio logic screening.
- Observe, record and report changes in the patient's condition
and response to treatment to supervisor and/or the physician.
- Provide instruction and training to patients in use of
alternative communication systems when appropriate.
- Provide counsel and instruction to patients, families and
- Maintain and submit documentation as required by the Company
and/or facility. Prepare and submit timely written reports of
evaluations, visits, summaries, care plans, care coordination
activities and progress reports as required by Company policy.
- Participate in care coordination activities and discharge
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct in
relation to information that is confidential in nature. Share
information only when the recipient's right to access is clearly
established and the sharing of such information is clearly in the
best interests of the patient.
- Attend, participate in and/or conduct internal staff
development programs, obtain continuing education as required by
Company policy, regulation.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Required Qualifications
- Possesses a Master's or Doctoral Degree in speech-language
pathology (SLP), and meets either of the following
- Is licensed as a speech-language pathologist by the State in
which the individual furnishes such service; or
- If the State does not license speech-language pathologists:
Must successfully complete 350 clock hours of supervised clinical
practicum (or is in the process of accumulating such supervised
- Performed not less than 9 months of supervised full-time SLP
services after obtaining a Master's or Doctoral degree in SLP or a
related field; and
- Successfully completed an approved national examination in
- Complies and maintains current CPR certification
- A minimum of one year clinical experience in Speech-Language
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Strong customer services skills
- This role is a part of Humana's Drivers safety program and
therefore requires an individual to have a valid state driver's
license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at
least 100.000/300,000/100,000 limits
- This role is considered patient facing and is part of Humana's
Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you
will be required to be screened for TB.
- Associates working in the State of Florida will need ACHA Level
II Background clearance
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization
focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- This role requires full COVID-19 vaccinationPreferred
- BilingualScheduled Weekly Hours24
Keywords: CenterWell Home Health, Columbus , SLP, Home Health PRN, Healthcare , Lumpkin, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...