System Engineer / Switch Technician, Secret Clearance
Company: AMERICAN SYSTEMS
Location: Warner Robins
Posted on: September 24, 2019
LOOKING FOR: A highly motivated Switch Technician/System
Engineer to join our AMERICAN SYSTEMS team to support
our ROBINS BTS contract.
As a Switch Technician/System Engineer you will:
* Join a well-established team that gives you the
opportunity to grow
* Maintain your Secret clearance
* Receive robust benefits package that includes
Employee Stock Ownership Plan! (ESOP)
* Be a part of an empowered accountability culture
where each employee-owner has a meaningful stake in
the future success and growth of the company
A week in the life of the Switch Technician/System
* Operate, maintain, and support BTS systems and
* Perform site surveys to develop technical solutions
based on customer requirements for voice, data, and
video connectivity installation, implementation,
testing, and integration.
* Basic operation and support of modern LAN/WAN
technology (router, switches, hubs)
* Install, maintain, support and repair of structure
cabling, which includes UTP, Coax, Fiber; and
cabling infrastructures that ride copper and fiber
* Operate and maintain telecom closets to include
installation of equipment and ladder racks, cable
management hardware and verification of premise
* Install, maintain and support both Inside
* Install, maintain, repair, and troubleshoot DS3 s;
T1 s, and OC-3 s.
* Provide general trouble shooting of telephony
systems, peripheral equipment and cable/wiring.
* Provide support for daily operations for PBX systems
to include monitoring and clearing alarms,
performing back-ups, responding to tickets.
* Execute Moves, Adds, Changes, and Deletions (MACDs).
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest
employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a
government services contractor focused on delivering
Strategic Solutions to complex national priority
programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our
employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference,
implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and
focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on
quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we
deliver excellence every day. Join us!
AWARDED BEST OF THE BEST by U.S. Veterans Magazine,
"BEST FOR VETS" by Military Times, and TOP 10 MILITARY
FRIENDLY COMPANY by MilitaryFriendly.com
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
* Technical degree or equivalent in experience
* Secret clearance
* Five years minimum as a Switch Technician or
* Experience with CAT 3, 5, 5E and 6 wiring.
* Experience with Cisco Software and Routing.
* Avaya systems experience. Certification preferred.
* Must have experience in PBX/Key System/VoIP
systems/wireless solutions/cable infrastructure
* Desired experience/familiarity with Cisco voice,
data and video products/solutions.
* Experience supporting a Telecommunications
* Excellent customer facing skills to provide support
for various Base customers.
* Specific Avaya and Cisco experience and
* Specific experience supporting VoIP/UC
communications and networks highly desirable.
Keywords: AMERICAN SYSTEMS, Columbus , System Engineer / Switch Technician, Secret Clearance, Professions , Warner Robins, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!