Senior IT Security Analyst (Splunk Use Case Developer)
Posted on: January 9, 2019
Every day, the people of TSYS-- and Netspend-- improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere - and for yourself - we may have the right place for you.
Summary of This RoleEvaluates, tests, recommends, develops, coordinates, monitors, and maintains information security policies, procedures and systems, including hardware, firmware and software . Ensures that IS security architecture/designs, plans, controls, processes, standards, policies and procedures are aligned with IS standards and overall IS security . Identifies security risks and exposures, determines the causes of security violations and suggests procedures to halt future incidents. Investigates and resolves security incidents and recommends enhancements to improve security. Develops techniques and procedures for conducting IS security risk assessments and compliance audits, the evaluation and testing of hardware, firmware and software for possible impact on system security, and the investigation and resolution of security incidents.
What Part Will You Play?
- You will be joining a team that provides SIEM support to a 24/7 Threat Management Center/Security Operations Center that protects a global payment processor from malicious cyber actors.
- Certification in the Splunk SIEM tool is a must.
- Any new-hire will provide day-to-day automation support for the Information Security Division - writing custom code and scripts to increase productivity and improve security situational awareness for the whole team. Your will also analyze various security data sources (firewalls, Intrusion Prevention, endpoint security, etc.) to optimize their log ingestion to Splunk.
- Experience with implementing Security Automation and Orchestration (SAO) tools such as Demisto, Phantom, or Swimlane are a major plus. Proficiency in creating REGEX code is also a plus.
- New hire must arrive qualified to write and implement PYTHON code and be familiar with SIEM technologies and environments. Professional development training will be provided as part of the team's annual development/education strategy.
- Write and test code, interface with the other business units to ensure tasks assigned meet the expectations, document work, respond to incidents and events as they occur.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Info Security, or related field. Or related work experience.
- Typically Minimum 4 Years Relevant Exp
- Including network operations or engineering or system administration on Unix, Linux, MAC(Message Authentication Code), or Windows; proven experience working with security operations, intrusion detection systems, Security Incident Even Management systems, and anti-virus collection logs; including knowledge of industry standard security compliance programs (PCI, SOX, GLBA, etc.)Preferred Qualifications
- Professional certifications CISSP(Certified Information System Security Professional),CISM(Certified Information Security Manager) ,CISA(Certified-Information-Systems-Auditor),GSEC(GIAC Security Essentials) ,Network +,Security +
- Typically Minimum 6 Years Relevant Exp
- Knowledge of industry standard security compliance programs (PCI(Payment Card Industry), SOX(Sarbanes-Oxley) , GLBA(Gramm Leach Bliley Act))
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
- Job Complexity - Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Supervision - Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Risk Assessment - Ability to identify, communicate, and mitigate risk within technical solution designs
- Industry Knowledge - Continued self-education of new and emerging threats and relevant processes, controls, or technologies to mitigate them.
- Incident Response - Knowledge and skills to contribute to all phases of Incident Response.
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!! US Applicants: TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here . Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1. or +1. or email at [Click Here to Email Your Resum--] . EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Outside of US Applicants: TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here .
Keywords: TSYS, Columbus , Senior IT Security Analyst (Splunk Use Case Developer), Professions , Columbus, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!