Facilities System Engineer I
Posted on: December 5, 2018
Every day, the people of TSYS? and Netspend? improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services.? We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere ? and for yourself ? we may have the right place for you.Summary of This RolePerform engineering duties such as the planning of manufacturing, and the installation, operation, and maintenance of electrical apparatus as well as assists in the design, layout, testing, and evaluation of mechanical and electro-mechanical devices or systems. Provides existing support to activities in the use of electrical devices and energy for commercial, domestic, and industrial use. May prepare mechanical engineering studies, specifications, and cost estimates. Also supports Corporate environmental and? sustainability program.What Part Will You Play?
- Works closely with internal/external personnel, contractors, or vendors in the design, layout, testing, and evaluation of mechanical and electrical components and systems, to include HVAC, irrigation, electrical, septic, and fire prevention systems. Provides general industry knowledge at the construction phase and acts as liaison with facility leadership throughout operation. Coordinates activities and scheduling. Ensures designs are followed, comply with building and system codes, and meet performance requirements. Provides project updates to management.
- Participates in creation of estimates, schedules, material procurement, engineering design, etc. Makes recommendations concerning business cost savings opportunities, to coincide with the company's Green Sustainability program.
- Develops and documents testing plans to ensure the quality of mechanical and electrical designs and components/systems are working efficiently. Specifies the maintenance schedule for each operating system, including any downtime for part replacement and efficiency testing. Works with maintenance crews to ensure daily tasks relating to the systems are conducted.
- Establishes and reviews operating instructions, guidelines, and regulations with team members. Updates procedures, manuals, and guidelines for all facility tasks according to federal, state, or local laws/building codes. Ensures availability.
- Utilizes the change ticket systems to maintain service reports and other records related to equipment repair and maintenance, completed procedures, items used to perform the work, and performance of equipment.What Are We Looking For in This Role?Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Typically No Relevant Experience RequiredPreferred Qualifications
- Typically Minimum 2 Years Relevant Exp
- Commercial or industrial environment on engineering related activitiesWhat Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Learns to use professional concepts. Applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues.
- Job Complexity - Works on problems of limited scope. Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained. Builds stable working relationships internally.
- Supervision - Normally receives detailed instructions on all work.
- Technical Trade - Ability to read blueprints, technical diagrams and other schematics, lists of specifications, and sketches
- Computer Knowledge - Visio and intermediate ExcelNot Ready to Apply?? Join Our Talent Community!!US Applicants:TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. ?For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at [Click Here to Email Your Resum?].EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/DisabilityOutside of US Applicants:TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. ?We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. ?For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.
Keywords: TSYS, Columbus , Facilities System Engineer I, Professions , Columbus, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!