Sales Consultant - Columbus / LaGrange GA Area
Posted on: November 20, 2023
US0002 Sysco Atlanta, LLC
Minimum Years of Experience:
Up to 25%
The pay range provided is not indicative of Sysco's actual pay
range but is merely algorithmic and provided for generalized
comparison. Factors that may be used to determine rate of pay
include specific skills, work location, work experience and other
This position often requires working non-traditional hours
(evening, weekends and holidays) in order to successfully meet
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential
duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Develop new business, penetrate existing accounts, and minimize
lost business to achieve profitable sales growth and special
objectives within assigned territory.
- Seek and qualify prospects in accordance with Company account
- Research customer business needs and develop a mix of products
and service to meet needs.
- Evaluate market trends and recommend products to customers,
based on business needs and goals.
- Be informed of market conditions, product innovations, and
competitors' products, prices, and sales; share information with
customers as part of value-added services provided.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices,
availability, and product uses. Provide product information and
practical training to customer personnel.
- Drive personal vehicle to customer accounts, conventions,
company meetings, etc.
- Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary,
working with the credit department and client; collect all balances
due based on approved credit terms.
- Manage deliveries to the routing schedule published by the
transportation department; troubleshoot any problems that occur
during the order process (for example, out of stock items, special
order items, low inventory, etc.).
- Participate in company functions, promotions, customer visits,
and customer events. Attend and participate in general sales and
- Participate in ongoing training sessions.
- Assist with the training of new employees as requested.
- Review and analyze daily and weekly reports such as special
order requests, customer bid files, and sales/gross profit margin
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets
and reports, maintaining sales records, processing credits and
pick-up requests, preparing sales quotes and menu suggestions, and
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or 5 YRS
Foodservice sales experience
- 6 months of sales, and/or chef/restaurant management
experience, and/or related (Business, Sales, Marketing,
Hospitality; or Culinary Arts) degree
- Basic pc skills and proficiency with MS Outlook
- Reside or willing to relocate to the geographical vicinity of
- Valid driver's license with a "clean" driving record
(including: no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUIs
within the last 7 years)
- Current automobile insurance with the following limits of
liability: Bodily injury - $100,000 each person and $300,000 each
accident; property damage - $100,000 is required
- Must pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background
- Must sign Sysco Protective Covenants Agreement
- Ability to read, write, speak English
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality;
or Culinary Arts
- 1 year of outside foodservice sales experience
- Previous Sysco experience
- Restaurant management / chef experience
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the
duties must successfully demonstrate the following
- Building Trust
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Sales Ability / Persuasiveness
- Managing Work
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk
and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse,
and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required
to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this
job. This job description in no way states or implies that the
duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be
performed by the employee in this job. The employeewill be required
to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job
related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties
and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be
reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
71,000 colleagues and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 333 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 700,000 customer locations.
We offer our colleagues the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, Columbus , Sales Consultant - Columbus / LaGrange GA Area, Professions , Columbus, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!