Company: West Fraser
Posted on: November 21, 2022
In general, all Care and Maintenance Team Members are required
to plan and perform all maintenance and repair operations necessary
to keep plant property, equipment, machinery, and tools in good
operating condition; diagnose problems and work in many varied and
diversified capacities required in general care and maintenance,
overhaul, and repair of plant equipment processes and facilities.
Periodically perform or assist others in routine to moderately
complex repairs to electrical and electronic controls.
What you will do:
- Work involves a complete range and wide variety of duties
involving diversified and difficult work using technical electronic
diagnostics, computer equipment, and a variety of precision
instruments; requiring much care to effectively and efficiently
diagnose, dismantle, repair, lubricate, reassemble or otherwise
work on general maintenance.
- Diagnose causes of malfunctions by sight, sound, or actions of
machinery and equipment.
- Start, observe, operate, or otherwise inactivate equipment to
detect or verify correct functions.
- Inspect, adjust, clean, or lubricate equipment as preventive
maintenance. Tear down, replace, repair, install, and assemble
equipment, parts, components, and accessories.
- Operate various mechanical and electronic test
- Specific knowledge of pumps, conveyor systems, motors, and
drives is required in the performance of regular or assigned
- Work rotating shifts, holidays, weekends, and overtime as
scheduled or required.
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules
and regulations, including wearing safety equipment and completing
all required training.
Education and Experience you will need:
- Minimum High School or GED -
- Experience with PLC logic and troubleshooting
- Three (3) years or more of experience installing,
troubleshooting and repairing electrical equipment -
- Experience with fabrication, cutting with a torch, and welding
with an arc welder
- Experience in a manufacturing environment -
- Eligible to legally work in the United States
- High School diploma or equivalent education
- Willing and able to work a 12-hour rotating schedule which will
include nights, weekends, and holidays
- Willing and able to work on an emergency call-in basis as
- Ability to work as part of a team and deliver value to the
- Willingness and ability to cross-train to learn new jobs and
- Consistent, predictable attendance
Skills that will make you stand out:
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing electrical systems and
reading electrical schematics preferred
- Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Management System
Our highly competitive compensation package and outstanding
- Benefits starting Day 1
- Competitive starting pay
- On-the-job training -
- A culture that strongly believes in promoting from
- 401k with company match
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid vacations and holidays
If you are ready to build your career in a company that thrives on
growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, challenge, and
opportunity, come build your career with us at West Fraser:
West Fraser is a diversified North American wood products company
producing southern yellow pine lumber and wood chips across the
Southern US and Western Canada. We are the largest lumber producer
in North America!
Our employees operate in a culture that values safety first and
rewards hard work. We recognize and support our team culture and
focus on growing our team by promoting from within - many of our
employees have built their careers with us. West Fraser is a
growing company that believes strongly in promoting from within and
prides itself on providing a challenging environment with
continuous development. The successful candidate should be
interested in future growth opportunities within the company.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Please apply through
our online application process as resumes will not be accepted at
the site. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant
workforce, safer operations, and a stronger company overall. We
strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are
reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not
discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of
race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug-Free
Keywords: West Fraser, Columbus , Electrician I, Professions , Lanett, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!