Company: Providence Staffing LLC
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionProvidence Staffing's client has an immediate
hire need for a Production Manager for their plant in Columbus, GA.
This position requires a professional leader who is responsible for
the day-to-day operation of production and warehouse operations.
The position is highly visible and must challenge and/or improve
existing performance/processes. Leads scheduling of production and
will be responsible for overseeing shipments. Excellent
communication skills and leadership characteristics are required.
The person in this role is responsible for ensuring training
requirements for associates is achieved. They will develop and
maintain warehouse safety activities. All activities should be lead
and implemented using continuous improvement methodology, respect,
and open-mindedness. Job Duties:
- Manages and/or maintains receiving, warehousing and shipping
operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing program
operational policies and procedures
- Develop and/or help develop warehouse specific metrics to track
- Develop, implement, or improve warehouse related processes
- Manages and/or coordinates the integrity of inventory stocking
locations and transactions.
- Responsible for Inventory accuracy in the Warehouse including
administration of the cycle count programs.
- Maintain efficient labor and materials controls
- Ensure customers specifications are followed
- Sets and ensures safety standards
- Develop and maintain departmental work instructions
- Communicate shortages and low stock situations
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required
- Willingness to lead by example
- High school diploma, general education degree (GED) or
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to details
- Schedules production activities based on requirements from
sales, customer service, purchasing, shipping, and inventory
- Manages, monitors, and tracks production activities to meet
- Facilitates development of long-range goals and objectives to
improve manufacturing material flow and asset utilization
- Assists in managing company logistics
- Provides regular reports to management and business goals and
- Assists with managing inventory
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required
- Excellent problem-solving skills, ability to systematically
analyze issues, and development of corrective actions that
permanently eliminate recurring problems are a must.
- Strong organizational skills, including time management and
- Computer proficient with knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access
and inventory software system. Oracle experience is a plus. The
ability to learn and understand programs is a must.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work in team/group
- Ability to read and write, and perform basic math
- Prior leadership/management experience preferred
- Continuous Improvement knowledge/experience preferred
Compensation:The pay range for this position is between $18 per
hour- $20 per hour. Please email resumes to
Keywords: Providence Staffing LLC, Columbus , Production Manager, Professions , Columbus, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!