Director of Campus Planning & Construction
Company: Columbus State University
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Director of Campus Planning & Construction
Job ID: 243925
Location: Columbus State University
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Columbus State University seeks an innovative, collaborative leader
to serve as its Director of Campus Planning and Construction. This
is a significant leadership opportunity for an experienced
professional to steward the substantial facility assets of the
University. Reporting to the Senior Executive Director of
Facilities and CSU Real Estate, this position is responsible for
leading the Campus Planning and Construction and Building
Maintenance teams. The Campus Planning and Construction team is
responsible for all aspects of asset management, space management,
utilities tracking, the campus key program, as well as planning,
design, and construction projects at both the Main and RiverPark
campuses. The Building Maintenance team is responsible for managing
all aspects of plant operations, maintenance, and repair of Main
and Riverpark Campus facilities and all related systems (exterior
and interior) therein.
Significant responsibilities include but are not limited
- Oversees the functions of space management and reporting,
utility tracking, quality control inspection program, asset
management, landscaping inspection program, GIS location services,
as-built/construction documentation database management, and
capital construction projects.
- Supervises the campus key program and continually develops and
improves upon an electronic database keying system.
- Serves in a leadership role in matters of campus aesthetics and
the preservation of the University's architectural heritage.
- Participates in the programming and design of renovation and
new construction projects in coordination with architects,
engineers, contractors and University administrators.
- Oversees and inspects renovation and new construction performed
by contractors. Assists in reviewing the internal project
management of major capital projects designed by outside
- Works collaboratively with the Director of Environmental Health
and Safety to promote a safe work environment with external
contractors and comply with state and federal safety
- Stays abreast of state-of-the-art materials and methods in all
functional areas and ensures appropriate training and professional
development opportunities are provided to staff.
- Directs and manages the submittal, review, prioritization, cost
estimation and accomplishment of building and infrastructure
projects for the University.
- Establishes and maintains University design standards. Provides
overall guidance regarding design standards and guidelines
developed and updated by subject matter experts such as mechanical,
electrical and plumbing standards and guidelines.
- Supports opportunities to work collaboratively with students
and faculty on initiatives that contribute to the overall
educational mission of the University.
- Represents the organization's interests in committees both
within the University and outside.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned.
Key qualifications include:
- A Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) from an accredited
institution in Architecture, Urban Planning, Landscape
Architecture, Engineering, Construction Science, or other related
- A minimum of seven to ten years of increasingly responsible
experience in capital planning, real estate, facilities design,
construction, facilities management, development and oversight of
capital projects and space management, or related experience is
- The ability to utilize software programs including, but not
limited to, AutoCAD, Banner, Microsoft Project, Adobe Creative
Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Prior experience leading a diverse project team with
conflicting interests, priorities, needs, or requirements. Must
possess a demonstrated understanding of the value of diverse and
equitable communities and the ability to create an inclusive team
- Demonstrated experience in developing project and construction
- Demonstrated experience in managing building projects from
inception through construction and close-out.
- Demonstrated experience in site planning & coordination, a
solid understanding of utilities and MEP coordination,
air/water/thermal barriers; experience coordinating design to work
within a campus setting; experience in many different functional
types; experience in the selection of interior building materials
and finishes, space planning, and development of interior
- Considerable experience in master planning and site
development, space management and planning, design guidelines
development/management; and capital planning in a higher education
setting, either through employment or as a consultant
- Knowledge of state and local buildings codes and field
- Knowledge of building maintenance practices and safety
precautions and procedures.
- Knowledge of key access systems, preferably in a higher
- Proven ability to coordinate multiple building trades on
- A demonstrated ability to read and interpret plans sketches,
drawings, and blue prints of buildings and equipment.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stressful
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; strong
analytical and organizational skills; be detail-oriented; the
ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects simultaneously, set
priorities, exhibit collegiality, and deliver excellent customer
An understanding of the facilities and physical-plant operations of
a university is preferred, as is experience supervising multiple
direct reports in multiple locations. Considerable experience in
master planning and site development, space management and
planning, design guidelines development/management and capital
planning in a higher education setting, either through employment
or as a consultant is also preferred.
The annualized salary range for this position is $75,162 - $83,432
and includes full benefits.
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter/ Letter of Application
- Unofficial Transcripts
If you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources
Office at 706-###-#### or e-mail to .
Conditions of Employment
Successful completion of a criminal background investigation and
legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment is
Equal Employment Opportunity
Columbus State University is committed to recruiting, supporting,
and fostering a sense of belongingness for a diverse, equitable,
and inclusive community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students
and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. It is the
policy of Columbus State University to recruit, hire, train,
promote, and educate persons without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic
information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or
protected veteran status.
Special Applicant Instructions
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue
until the position has been filled. All applications and required
documents must be submitted using Columbus State University's
online employment site and a complete packet must be submitted for
To apply, visit
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
jeid-837c0e38b7073b48aa37c7903b6aead6 Associated topics:
administrative, administrative staff, chief operations officer,
document, front desk, food, operation, operational assistant,
operational support, records management
Keywords: Columbus State University, Columbus , Director of Campus Planning & Construction, Professions , Columbus, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!