Direct Materials Buyer
Company: Eastman Kodak Company
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Kodak is Hiring a Direct Materials Buyer!Responsible for
purchasing commodity products as assigned, chemicals, packaging,
equipment, supplies and components required for manufacturing. The
buyer is responsible for all aspects of daily order management and
is able to solve complex problems with innovation and ingenuity.
Supports the Purchasing Manager or relevant Commodity Manager and
assists in resolution of pricing and product issues. Support
manufacturing operations to meet the needs of production schedule.
Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and
prioritizing workload, committing Kodak financial resources, and
using considerable judgment in complex situations.Job
- Key owner of the supplier relationship. In conjunction with
Purchasing Manager or relevant Commodity Manager, owns and resolves
the daily tactical supply chain issues such as backorder
resolution, open order expediting, lead time management, supplier
production issues, etc.
- Serves as liaison between Kodak and Suppliers, maintains
positive vendor relationships, plans and inputs to the negotiation
of beneficial supplier agreements on behalf of the company. Assists
in setting vendor costs based on appropriate MOQs; evaluate history
of sales, etc and negotiate cost and MOQ. Ensure proper setup of
SAP master data.
- Assist in sourcing new vendors, as needed.
- Provides input back from the vendor to keep master data current
including discontinuations, vendor part number, pricing and
- Work SAP signals in a timely manner - purchase requisitions
conversion to order.
- Expedites, cancels /defers and ensures system generated and
manual purchase orders are aligned to support manufacturing
schedule need dates.
- Evaluates suppliers based on capability, performance and
- Generates monthly supplier delivery & quality reports in
compliance with ISO 9001:2008
- Works with suppliers to improve cost, quality, delivery dates
and lead time.
- Collaborates with the appropriate functional teams to assist in
the resolution of issues such as: damage claims, rejections,
losses, returns, over shipments, cancellations, and
- May travel locally, as needed, to visit vendors; or conduct
in-house meetings to discuss business improvements.
- Works with Accounts Payable to resolve discrepancies between
SAP purchase orders and vendor invoices
- Works with peers to manage purchasing standard operating
procedures and create new documents when needed.
- Embraces innovation. Stays alert to opportunities to make
processes better and contributes innovative ideas for improvement.
May lead process improvement projects. Adapt quickly to change.
- Experience & Skills:
- Proficient in MS office suite (Excel, Access, Word),
Demonstrated ability to analyze large data sets
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
Keywords: Eastman Kodak Company, Columbus , Direct Materials Buyer, Professions , Columbus, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!