Company: Sand Point Services, LLC
Posted on: May 16, 2020
Sand Point Services, LLC is an innovative General Contractor
providing a wide range of construction services to government and
commercial customers. At SPS, we take pride in partnering with our
customers and industry partners to deliver projects that meet or
exceed customer expectations. For more information, visit our
website at: www.tdxservices.com.
We are looking for experienced Carpenters to construct and install
building frameworks and construction made from wood and other
materials. This is a regular, full-time position located in
Columbus, GA. This position will report to the Senior Project
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The position will be responsible for but not limited to the
* Ability to work from sketches and read blueprints to perform
carpentry work as well as other general construction work in
accordance with plans. Specifications, building codes and general
practices of the industry.
* To assist with the erection of pre-engineered or other
* Ability to install cabinetry, ceilings and finishes of all kinds
with superior craftsmanship.
* Sets up and operates wood working tools to cut, form, and finish
material for the job.
* Erects or dismantles structures; repairs or refinishes walls or
* Skilled at using an elevation rod, builder s level and a roto
* Installs wood or metal parts. Installs glass or replaces broken
glass as required.
* Erects or dismantles roofing or siding. Prepares irregular
scaffolding if required.
* Skilled at building layout for grids, imbeds, structure locations
provided key reference points are provided.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Minimum 3 years commercial experience.
* Reliable transportation
* Ability to adjust actions in relation to others and flexibility
to perform multiple tasks and to change task as needed to address
The physical demands associated with the duties and
responsibilities described herein are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform this job. This
includes the ability to spend extended hours walking construction
* Ability to lift to 50 pounds frequently in carrying out
* Sufficient physical agility to work from ladders, scaffolding,
man lifts or on roof if necessary.
* The ability to participate in: climbing, balancing, stooping,
kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking,
pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, repetitive motions
What we look for in a new employee:
* Aptitude and desire to learn.
* Ability to work independently remaining focused and motivated -
Drive to exceed customer expectations.
* Confident can-do attitude; proactive problem solver.
* Willing to take on new challenges.
* Capability to be trained to operate a Reach Lift on occasion.
* Work independently or within a small team as necessary.
* Problem solver.
* Skilled at staying focused to complete a given task.
* Typical work week; Monday Friday, 8:00am 5:00pm
* Job-site; Ft. Benning, GA
* Compensation: DBA
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the
only duties to be performed by this employee. This employee will be
required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other
duties requested by their supervisor. The statements herein
intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by the employee in this position. These statements are
not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities,
duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Furthermore, these statements do not establish a contract for
employment and are subject to change at the discretion of
Tanadgusix Corporation (TDX) and its subsidiaries.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Shareholder Preference
Sand Point Services, LLC (SPS) is a subsidiary of TDX and is an
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EEO/AA)
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status,
veteran protected status or any other characteristic protected by
applicable law. Native Preference applies pursuant to P.L. 93-638,
and SPS grants employment preference to shareholders of Tanadgusix
Corporation and their spouses and descendants to the extent allowed
by law. Prior to employment, successful completion of a background
investigation may be required.
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility
assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please
submit a request by telephone or via email. In order to
appropriately assist you with an accommodation, we ask that you
please specify the assistance needed in order to access our jobsite
and post for a position. The dedicated email and telephonic options
are listed below and are reserved only for individuals with
disabilities needing accessibility assistance.
To request an accommodation, contact an HR representative at (907)
278-2312 or at HR@TDXCorp.com. Apply for this Job
Keywords: Sand Point Services, LLC, Columbus , Carpenter (G), Professions , Columbus, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!