Lead Relationship Banker - Midtown Branch
Company: Synovus Financial Corp.
Posted on: October 12, 2019
This position serves as the subject matter expert in the area of
retail branch sales and services. Focus is on using a consultative
sales approach to proactively identify both consumer and small
business customer's needs, and to build and deepen relationships by
finding customized solutions to meet those needs. Ensures customer
needs are met by referring to other line-of-business partners for
additional business growth opportunities. Demonstrates passion for
delighting the customer by living the Customer Covenant every day.
The Lead Relationship Banker is proficient with Consumer Lending.
Under the minimal supervision of the Retail Market Manager, assists
in managing the daily sales and operations of a branch, which may
be very large in size. Responsible for growing customer
relationships through effective selling techniques. Assists in
coaching, counseling, and developing branch team members. Branch
will typically have a minimum of 7 FTEs.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assists RMM with the coordination and communication of sales,
marketing, and product initiatives within the branch.
* Coaches and develops branch team in assessing customer needs and
maximizing sales opportunities through direct sales and referrals
to business partners within other areas of the company.
* May represent Synovus within the community by actively serving in
community organizations, participating in local chamber of commerce
and other related leadership activities.
* Assists RMM with establishing short-term department goals to
achieve functional area objectives. Implements new policies and
* Creates an industry leading customer service experience by
following the Synovus Customer Service Standards.
* Engages customers in needs assessment conversation that
transitions to a closing product solution sale. Actively pursues
customer and non-customer new business by making proactive phone
calls to customers/prospects. May serve at an elevated level of
expertise for mass affluent clientele's needs.
* Create an excellent customer experience by identifying
cross-selling opportunities and refers customers to appropriate
line-of-business partners to optimize their financial
* Proactively works with customers and prospects to maintain a
consistent deposit and loan pipeline. Develops referral sources to
generate business for the individual and the team.
* Meets and exceeds individual performance sales goals while
supporting the goals of the branch.
* Proficient at interviewing consumer loan applicants to identify
loan opportunities, and may handle small business loan applicants,
processing and closing loans.
* Participates and helps lead daily kick-offs/huddles and weekly
sales meetings. Champions products as assigned and shares specific
product information and sales tips. 100% Usage of sales management
tracking system to enter sales, send referrals, track referrals,
monitor activities and goals.
* Knows and follows Branch Operations Standards. Follows business
code of conduct, compliance and regulatory guidelines and policies,
and PFP updates. Completes compliance and other assigned
technical/operations training on time. Completes all product and
sales, compliance and other assigned technical/operations training
* Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their
functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures,
laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role.
Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected
violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely
* Performs other related duties as required.
* Achieving Goals: Focuses efforts on results that matter; builds
enthusiasm for the organization's goals; demonstrates a passion for
producing top quality work; handles high priority tasks with a
sense of urgency.
* Communicating: Communicates clearly and effectively in a concise
and straightforward manner; adapts communication style to the
audience and situation; openly shares information and keeps people
updated; listens patiently and asks questions to clarify others'
point of view.
* Customer Focus: Demonstrates a passion for exceptional customer
service; anticipates and responds to changing customer needs; leads
others to deliver outstanding customer service; champions company
standards associated with superior customer service.
* Interpersonal Skills: Connects personally and respectfully with
others; relates well to all kinds of people, builds appropriate
rapport; leverages the knowledge and skills of others.
* Initiative: Is personally committed to and actively works to
continuously improve him/herself; delegates effectively and to the
right level; understands that different situations and levels may
call for different skills and approaches; self starter to seize
opportunities as they arise.
* Job Knowledge: Shares knowledge willingly with others;
demonstrates insight into the industry, the market, and
competitors; demonstrates a strong work ethic and high
* Time Management: Uses own time effectively; values time; sets
priorities, goals, and timetables to achieve maximum productivity;
focuses on highest impact issues/activities; respects time of
* Driving Change: Effectively manages the communication process
surrounding change; advocates with team members to embrace the
benefits of change; follows up and drives change efforts through to
completion; provides team members with the support they need to
* Building an Effective Team: Attracts, selects, and retains
talented team members in his/her branch; uses clear and objective
action plans with team members to drive development; provides
regular coaching and feedback to improve performance; creates
strong morale and spirit on his/her team by sharing wins and
* Solving Problems: Considers several alternatives and solutions
for any given problem, remains open-minded to the ideas of others;
examines best practices and what has worked successfully before;
focuses attention on the underlying causes of problems.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in
the workplace. Minimum Education: High school diploma or
Certification(s): This position requires successful registration
and issuance of a unique identification number from the Nationwide
Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) in compliance with the Secure and
Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (SAFE ACT).
Registration must be accomplished within an established timeframe
after initial employment and includes a nationwide finger print
Minimum Experience: Four (4) years successful sales or customer
service experience where defined goals and accountabilities were
routinely met or exceeded and experienced/proficient in Consumer
- or -
Three (3) years of job specific experience in a Relationship Banker
role and experienced/proficient in Consumer loan processing
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Aptitude for consultative selling; prior sales/customer service
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability and desire
to establish rapport with customers.
* Working knowledge of computers
* Ability to adhere to company dress code
Keywords: Synovus Financial Corp., Columbus , Lead Relationship Banker - Midtown Branch, Other , Columbus, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!