Company: Eastman Kodak
Posted on: October 12, 2019
Kodak is Hiring!
We are looking for an SPT-NTP Manufacturing Operator
Safety: Perform all job functions within the safety guidelines and
- Production: With emphasis on Safety, Environmental Impact and
Quality, while maintaining high Company standard, and while working
as a team within the SPT/NTP department, communicate to supply
internal customers with consistent service.
- NTP: To safely process all production chemicals, solids and
effluents within established permits and environmental and
regulatory requirements to prevent loss of production.
- SPT: To supply internal customers with consistent sensitized
mixes in a timely fashion and in the correct quantity. To safely
process all production chemicals, solids and hazardous materials,
exceeding environmental and regulatory requirements. Work to assure
that inventory and product flow are maintained through SAP
- Product/Process Development: Work with Team Lead and internal
and external sources in development - to production/marketing
approval - new and re-formulated products and assure process
capabilities within strict guidelines for safety and quality. (Work
where directed or needed, internally or externally, to support
fellow employees and Company policies/principles, assuring
continuous improvement in all aspects of the operation.
- Regulatory/Environmental: Assure all regulatory and
environmental aspects of the operation are maintained as prescribed
by company procedures and good work practice.
- Operations/Financials: Assure areas under responsibility are
maintained within high standard expected and personally operate
with emphasis to control cost.
Knowledge and Skills required (entry level):
Understanding of the metric system for chemical dispensing.
- Basic math skills, working with metric system.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and related
- Communications skills (verbal, written) including willingly
sharing skills and knowledge and following detailed
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and meet
- Must be able to work using a respirator.
- Preferred: Certified/experience with a sit-down fork truck.
(Required, will train.)
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Preferred: 1 to 3 years of experience as a Chemical Operator,
Process Line Operator or dealing with product quality
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds (occasionally) and up to 10 pounds
- Works in close proximity to heavy, hazardous industrial
manufacturing equipment and process/coating chemicals.
- Frequent bending, stooping, twisting, reaching away from body
and above shoulders; pushing, pulling, lifting, repetitive use of
hands and walking and standing for majority of shift.
- Able to work a 12-hour rotating shift.
- Work in areas outside, and inside where air conditioning and
heat control is not provided.
Critical Success Factors:
Personal Integrity - Applies common sense and good judgment in all
business dealings. Understands and obeys all laws and regulations
as they pertain to our business and takes great care to protect
organization from exposure to liability. Is widely trusted.
Enhances reputation of the organization through the consistent
application of the highest standards of business conduct.
- Computer Competence - Experience using word processing,
graphics, and desktop publishing software to produce training
support materials, job-aids, and correspondence. Knowledge of
Microsoft Word, Excel, SAP and E-mail systems.
- Customer Commitment - Puts the customer first in all aspects of
work. Understands who his/her customers are and focuses all work
process toward the achievement of total customer satisfaction.
Communicates commitments and meets or exceeds them ..every time.
Demonstrates in both words and actions that meeting customer needs
is a priority. Communicates this to others. Drives this value
throughout the organization by developing others and being a
champion for customer satisfaction.
- Verbal/Written Communication - Demonstration of exceptional
verbal skills in interpersonal interactions and so that intended
purpose is achieved. Preparing written material that follows
generally accepted rules of style and form, is appropriate for the
audience, is creative, and accomplishes the intended purpose.
- Insight and Judgment - Uses common sense, maintains
confidentiality, readily admits to errors, and effectively uses the
culture and politics of the organization.
Flexibility - Open to change and new information; adapts behavior
and work methods in response to new information, changing
conditions, or unexpected obstacles; adjusts rapidly to new
situations warranting attention and resolution; willing to champion
new ideas and methods, despite opposition, when the organizational
benefits outweigh the costs.
Minimum Education Level
High School Diploma or GED
USA - GA - Columbus
EOE Policy Statement
Kodak is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Applicants are free to apply without regard to race, color,
religion, sex/gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital
status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status,
national origin, age, disability or veteran status or any other
Federal or State legally protected classes. Read our EOE Policy
Employment Sponsorship Notification
Any candidate/applicant requiring sponsorship now or in the future
for employment visa status will not be considered for this
position. Kodak as an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage
you to look for jobs where sponsorship will be provided.
Keywords: Eastman Kodak, Columbus , SPT/NTP Operator, Other , Columbus, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!