Company: Eastman Kodak Company
Posted on: June 14, 2019
Eastman Kodak Company is looking for a Research Chemist to join our
growing team in Columbus, GA in printing plate manufacturing. This
individual must have their Ph.D. or Masters of Science in Chemistry
or Materials Science.
Kodak offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the resurgence
of an iconic global company. We combine the strength of a brand
that is recognized and beloved around the world with the excitement
and entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up. We are focused on the
future and looking for professionals with energy, ideas and
ambition to help us take next steps in our transformation. We re
building a culture which values creativity in all its forms, having
a global perspective, a focus on sustainability, and the trust we
ve earned over decades of building strong relationships. Kodak has
a rich heritage of leadership and innovation, but is also, in many
ways, reinventing itself. Kodak is truly a place where you can make
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Responsible for R&D project activities including development
of materials, processes and printing plate technology for timely
introduction to the Print Systems Division (PSD) of Kodak.
* Investigate, develop, and document new technology including
proprietary technology for printing plates.
* Actively maintain and promote the highest EHS standards and
contribute to EHS process improvements and their
* Monitor, maintain and improve working practices in line with best
practice to enhance performance.
* Contribute to identification and evaluation of technology trends,
and NPD and technology strategy.
* Plan, allocate resources, and evaluate projects.
* Plan own project resource requirements.
* Highlight local resource conflicts when identified.
* Contribute to resolution of resource conflicts
* Develop self to enhance performance.
* Create, maintain, and enhance effective working relationships
across technical and non-technical staff.
* Ensure self and teams meet required EHS standards.
* Contribute to recruitment and selection of personnel.
Training and Development
* Undertake the education, training, and mentorship of new team
members as needed.
* Identify and implement measures to improve performance.
* Learn printing plate technology, manufacturing process, and
* Stay up-to-date on modern instrumental and chemical
* Apply written and verbal communication skills to gain team
commitment through the effective use of ideas, data and analytical
* Carefully document, collate, and report progress for own project
work to disseminate to worldwide team.
* Make and support recommendations and decisions to meet R&D
* Actively seek to utilize expertise and learning across all
* Monitor, maintain and develop Intellectual Property to support
* Develop expertise in industry, technical, and functional areas
key to the business through effective use of published sources such
as patents, journals, conference proceedings etc.
Key Characteristics of the Job:
Knowledge and Experience Required:
* Ph.D. or Master of Science in Chemistry or Materials Science,
plus equivalent experience
* Ability to use and interpret results from a variety of analytical
instruments (SEM, EDX, GC/MS, FTIR, etc.)
* Preferred experience in surface chemistry
* Must be willing and able to travel internationally for up to one
month a year for the first few years in this role
* Likely to be lead scientist on R&D projects and/or
* Will report to onsite supervisor, as well as worldwide PSD
* Regular contact with other departments, especially quality and
engineering teams locally.
* Regular contact with Kodak s Rochester labs as well as
international communication with PSD R&D groups in Germany,
Japan, and China.
* Likely to routinely tackle technically demanding projects, and to
contribute information across multiple projects being led by
* Advisor in area of expertise.
* May have external contacts with technical community.
* Able to lobby, influence and reason with key parties within
Columbus and other departments within Kodak to reach mutual
agreement on a course of action.
* Communication across multiple continents will be commonplace and
* Ability to break down complex chemical concepts to simpler
language to assist non-technical staff in decision-making.
Freedom to Act
* Guidance given by manager on priorities.
* Freedom to approach problems with creative application of
* Advises on resource requirements, contributes to resolution of
local resource conflicts.
* Explores cost-saving concepts and measures.
* Reasonable resources permitted to explore completely new concepts
* Will not be intensively managed, a self starter is necessary.
* Considerable variety of new technologies and problem
* Able to create new, original solutions.
* Seeks effective solutions through use of all available resources
* Demonstrates reasoned, sound technical judgement in problem
solving and prioritization of approaches used to meet
* Provides significant contribution to achieving Columbus R&D
goals, as well as worldwide R&D goals.
* Contribute across wide range of R&D and engineering projects,
either as a leader or team member.
* Unlimited vacation policy. Vacation time approved by manager on
case by case basis.
* Competitive salary
* Health, dental, and vision insurance
* 401(k) and cash balance plan
EOE Policy Statement
Kodak is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Applicants are free to apply without regard to race, color,
religion, sex/gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital
status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status,
national origin, age, disability or veteran status or any other
Federal or State legally protected classes.
Keywords: Eastman Kodak Company, Columbus , Research Chemist, Other , Columbus, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!