Injection Molding Operator (Nights)
Posted on: November 24, 2022
This is where you save and sustain lives At Baxter, we are
deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter,
your work makes a positive impact on people around the world.
You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we
know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients. -Baxter's
products and therapies are found in almost every hospital
worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have
pioneered significant medical innovations that transform
healthcare.Together, we create a place where we are happy,
successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your
best work. -Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining
lives- where your purpose accelerates our mission. -SummaryThe
primary responsibilities of this position include performing
manufacturing procedures and associated documentation of injection
molding of plastic parts and assembly of these parts in accordance
with written procedures. Performs as a multi-skilled team member,
serves specialized areas, and plays a significant role in process
improvement and facilitation.This position will be on night shift
5:45 pm- 6:15 amEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs set-ups on complex automated injection molding
machines and assembly robots, identifies potential bottlenecks in
the flow process and takes action to prevent reoccurrence. -
Responsible for utilizing resources, both their own and others, to
meet production goals.
- Controls and understands all functions of automated equipment
within area of responsibility including but not limited to start up
and shut down of machines to ensure continuous operation and
constant output of products
- Ensures cycle times and performs quality checks for
manufactured parts, identifies defective materials and alerts
Assistant Supervisor of unusual trends for corrective action.
- Follows guidance of designated or assigned Assistant Supervisor
and Shift Supervisor to ensure continuous and uninterrupted
- Works with and assists Assistant Supervisor, Engineers and
Production Management in resolving quality, production process
issues, and raw material issues.
- Trains new employees and cross trainees as directed by
Assistant Supervisor, using standard training booklet
- Handles robots in all normal production modes, troubleshoots
and identify problems with robots as required.
- Trouble shoots, identifies and repair problems related to
machine output and quality defects as they occur, at level of
competency and escalating issues per established procedure.
- Acts with sense of urgency to intelligently communicate
unresolved/reoccurring machine issues with service
technicians/engineers, actively supports both groups by
- Works directly with other team members in new and existing
process validation, documentation, and implementation. - Assists
engineers in prototyping, specialty builds, testing, validating,
and implementing new materials, designs and process improvements. -
Records data when necessary. - May assist in the design of
- Conducts quality control measurements within area of
responsibility by ensuring equipment is operating within specified
- Conducts planned/preventive maintenance in area of
responsibility including but not limited to cleaning and inspection
on all components of equipment in a safe manner, considering
production flow and buffer levels.
- Prepares proper documentation to support production tracking
and performance of equipment.
- Works with Shift Supervisors and Assistant Supervisor in
establishing work instructions and training materials and to
achieve production safety/hygiene goals.
- Works as a service oriented, independent worker. - Able to
effectively communicate with other Production Techs during shift
- Offers support to other Production Lines and or Production
Units when needed.
- Immediately communicates production flow issues to Assistant
Supervisor or Supervisor/Production Team Leader.
- Assumes Assistant Supervisor leadership responsibilities in
case of Assistant Supervisor absence.
- Adheres to break schedule, provides flexibility and break
coverage for team members as needed
- Responsible for proper handling of waste and accurately
documenting supportive data relative to waste.
- Responsible for knowing and following safety and compliance
procedures by always maintaining orderliness within department and
proper hygiene. -
- Accountable for learning and applying computer skills,
including PC skills in the Windows environment, and training new
employees as required
- Performs other duties as required including but not limited to
visual inspection of products.
- Will be evaluated on the proficiency of the following:
- Set up and teach robot positions and end effectors
- Adjust core switches
- Basic knowledge of how to pull and change a screw
- Able to perform troubleshooting
- Basic leadership skills, able to fill in for Assistant
- Capability to process out defects
- Hang and pull molds independently
- Capability to change thermocouples
- Can Teach Knowledge to New hires
- Capability to change heater bands
- Understanding of SPC or MVDA
- Is a TPM Leader and trainer
- Can review and order spare parts
- Capability for machine logs in Maximo
- Is a Maximo professional
- Understands MVDA
- Capable of measuring parts utilizing CMM
- Capable of operating crane safely
- Demonstrates understanding of standard and metric wrenches,
nuts, bolts, threads etc.
- Basic understanding of the processing plastic
- Capable of swapping thermolators
- Capable to operate buffers
- Able to perform daily & weekly PMs
- Can document machine PMs in Maximo
- Capable to load and save machine parameters
- Describes responsibility for TPM of machine
- Demonstrates how to submit a service request in Maximo
- Can search and identify machine manuals
- Completed all required reading of SOP's and training
- Understands good housekeeping and safety on the job.
- Understands pinch points and location of e-stops.
- Understands and performs LOTO procedure properly.
- Capable of working safely and proper use of PPE.
- Capable of performing quality inspections (visual).
- Capable of doing dimensional checks (CMM).
- Capable of verifying that machine is running within validated
- Capable of documenting parameter checks without errors.
- Able to complete all assigned documentation without
- Capable of stopping and starting the IMM's.
- Capable of start, stop, and resetting of robots.
- Capable of proper cleaning and greasing of molds.
- Reports all problems to the Assistant Supervisor in a timely
fashionQualifications and Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Successful completion of an Injection Molding Technician
Program and/or plastics experience preferred
- Advanced understanding of manufacturing operating procedures in
the field of injection molding and part assembly.
- Requires basic knowledge and understanding of mold design and
- Requires extensive and practical knowledge of different
materials and their workability, especially in the field of
- Requires team cooperation and ability to prioritize workload to
meet customer demands. - Must have excellent interpersonal
communication skills with peers, leaders, customers, and support
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently as an individual
contributor, team member, and leader.
- Capable of applying planning and allocation skills acquired
through education and job experience.
- Safety conscious, following safety rules, policies, and
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment.
- Internal - employee is trained internally to independently run
equipment in two additional PU's, outside of their assigned PU or
has completed both (27 hours total) of the SUSCC Mold Setter
- External - candidate has 5+ years of advanced plastic injection
molding experience, is a subject matter expert in plastic injection
molding, can train others and/or holds advanced certifications in
plastic injection moldingPhysical Requirements: -
- Must be able to work in an environment without daylight /
- Ascends/descends ladders to access machinery.
- Lifting and/or moves up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift
and/or move more than 50 pounds using lifting aids, techniques, or
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate equipment is
- Requires standing, walking, bending, pulling, pushing,
climbing, and crawling.
- Ability to work 12 hour rotating shifts to include day and
nighttime hours.#LI-LF1#IND-USOPSThe successful candidate for this
job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated
against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for
individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that
prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.Equal
Employment OpportunityBaxter is an equal opportunity employer.
Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, protected veteran status,
disability/handicap status or any other legally protected
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - -
EEO is the Law -
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement -
Pay Transparency PolicyReasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If,
because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the application or interview process,
please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your
request along with your contact information.Recruitment Fraud
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where
fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other
agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal
personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect
yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice. 082579
Keywords: BAXTER, Columbus , Injection Molding Operator (Nights), Other , Opelika, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!