Pallet and Crate Assembly
Company: Conner Industries Inc.
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Job Description1st and 2nd Shifts AvailableApply Today, Start
Tomorrow! Apply Online or In Person Tues or Thurs 8-11:30 a.m.
CONNER INDUSTRIES 395 Industrial Drive, Hogansville, GA
30230$14-$15/hour Depending on Experience. Salary Adjustment
Available at 30/60/90 Days.Get Paid Weekly!Medical, Dental, Vision,
Disability, Life, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement Assistance
Available. 8 paid holidays, and Accrued PTO available at 30
days!COMPANYConner Industries, Inc. is a rapidly growing
manufacturer and distributor in the industrial lumber, custom wood
packaging, and integrated packaging markets. With an outstanding
reputation, and over 40 years as an industry leader, we operate 14
manufacturing facilities and currently sit at #2 in the U.S. for
market share. Best of all, we are growing!KEY JOB
RESPONSIBILITIESAssembling pallets and crates, cutting and stacking
lumber.RequirementsDUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Check components for quality.
- Read and interpret job orders.
- Must be self-motivated and meet the daily expectations of the
- Use good judgment.
- Learn to identify wood species and grade of material.
- Must be able to perform routine maintenance, repairs, and
adjustments to meet quality specifications and industry
- Actions should ensure a safe and productive work environment,
including housekeeping, for yourself and co-workers.
- Maintain an acceptable attendance record.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned.QUALIFICATIONS,
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Experience with air tools including nail guns and other
- Able to read and interpret job orders.
- Able to listen and communicate effectively with co-workers,
customers and management, and respond to common inquiries or
- Able to apply basic mathematical concepts like addition,
subtraction, multiplication, and division to such tasks as job
- Able to use and read a standard and/or metric tape
- Able to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed
written or oral instructions.
- Must be self-motivated and able to make limited and independent
judgments based on given alternatives.
- Able to define problems, establish facts, and draw valid
- Able to interpret an assorted number of tasks or
instructions.PHYSICAL DEMANDS While performing the duties of this
job, the employee is required to stand 100% of the time. The
employee is required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel
objects, tools, or controls in a fast pace environment. The
employee is required to reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel,
crouch and talk or hear. The employee is required to use repetitive
motions. The employee must regularly lift and/ or move up to 40
pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral
vision and the ability to focus.WORK ENVIRONMENTWhile performing
the duties of this job, the employee will work in an indoor and
partial outdoor manufacturing environment. The noise level is
usually moderate to high and requires the use of hearing
protection. The employee is required to wear PPE. The employee may
be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The work
environment is structured, and lunches and breaks are regulated.
Must notify supervisor or group leader when leaving work area.OTHER
DUTIESPlease note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change.EEO Statement
Conner Industries does not disqualify applicants that test positive
for THC on the pre-employment drug screen. As permitted by state
law, applicants being considered for positions with the following
responsibilities: CDL Drivers, Forklift Operators, Sales,
Maintenance, Management, and all Corporate positions, must pass a
drug and alcohol test, done through an outside vendor, Quest
Diagnostics, before beginning work in that position. Refusal to
submit to testing will result in disqualification for the desired
position. Conner Industries provides equal employment opportunities
(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or
genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Conner
Industries complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation, and training.Benefits
- Shift Diff Available for 2nd Shift
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Paid Time Off
- 8 Company Paid Holidays
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Keywords: Conner Industries Inc., Columbus , Pallet and Crate Assembly, Other , Hogansville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!