Company: GLOVIS America
Location: West Point
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Vehicle Processing Center - Georgia - West Point, GA
About Hyundai GLOVIS America Inc.
GLOVIS America, Inc. is a third-party logistics provider
headquartered in Irvine, CA. Since our inception in 2002, we are
committed to delivering our customers products via truck, rail, or
ocean vessel throughout the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. Glovis
America makes every effort to exceed standards by providing quality
service to our customers and vendors of the automotive, freight
forwarding, parts distribution, used car, and fuel industries. We
cater logistics strategies and processes to our customers' needs by
utilizing the latest information systems and advanced
Under general direction this position is responsible for
supervising and directing daily activities of all employees
assigned to Underbody Coating, 3rd shift. Ensure a safe, healthy,
and accident-free work environment for all employees, assisting in
developing and ensuring compliance with company departmental
training programs, and meeting daily production goals and
- Maintains and controls production and quality requirements
daily for UBC Department.
- Performs daily supervisory duties to include safety
accountability, training, attendance, discipline, coaching,
positive employee relations, and compliance with company
- Performs administrative activities and record keeping
associated with the effective management of UBC operation,
including compiling, storing, and retrieving production data for
- Works with internal and external customers to meet and exceed
- Trains and ensures all assigned employees are aware of and
comply with company policies and customer requirements
- All other duties as assigned under UBC Supervisor
- Must be willing and able to cross-train in other departmental
- Requires flexibility with schedule including break times as
well as working extended hours, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to read and write
- Ability to use Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and instructions.
- Ability lead to develop and motivate a team.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to drive both automatic and straight shift
- Ability to record and verify numbers 17 characters in
- Must have demonstrated mechanical abilities
- Must have a general knowledge of automobile components
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma/G.E.D
- Must hold a valid state-issued driver's license without
- 1 year of experience required OR an equivalent combination of
education and experience
- Experienced in mechanical, installation experience in a
port-processing environment preferred
- Lift up to 50lbs
- Carry up to 50lbs
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Working and Environmental Conditions
This position works in a plant manufacturing/warehouse setting.
- Exposure to loud noises from vehicles and heavy machinery
- Exposure to indoor and outdoor weather conditions
- Exposure to chemicals/fumes
The information contained herein is not intended to be an
all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor
is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of skills and abilities
required to do the job. Glovis America, Inc. reserves the right to
alter and change this job description at any time without notice
based on business needs.
Keywords: GLOVIS America, Columbus , UBC Supervisor, Other , West Point, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!