Manufacturing Supervisor I - Sterilization and Packaging
Location: Camp Hill
Posted on: September 19, 2022
This is where you save and sustain lives At Baxter, we are
deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter,
your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You
ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know
our work improves outcomes for millions of patients. Baxter s
products and therapies are found in almost every hospital
worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have
pioneered significant medical innovations that transform
healthcare.Together, we create a place where we are happy,
successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your
best work. Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining
lives- where your purpose accelerates our mission. Works under
general supervision, setting own priorities in order to achieve
maximum manufacturing efficiency by effective organization of
direct reports. Controls area of responsibility to achieve end
result that supports the broader functional goals. Develop plans
and efficiency improvement strategies that integrate with plans and
strategies in other areas within the broader function. Successful
candidate will supervise manufacturing and maintenance personnel,
and be held responsible for proper training and performance
evaluation of direct reports. Will on a daily basis analyse the
status of the manufacturing line and organize his/her staff to meet
department goals as well as propose, support and participate in
improvement projects.Due to the nature of this position, a very
high degree of leadership, initiative, teamwork and communication
are required. No previous experience in the medical device
technology field is required.Essential Duties and
- Ensures operations schedules are met within budget through
appropriate use of resources, scheduling and effective problem
- Accountable for manufacturing team activities to assure
- Takes primary responsibility for establishing and maintaining a
thoroughly supportive atmosphere throughout the group; encourages
every member to participate.
- Ensures that manufacturing process is in accordance with
- Performs performance evaluation of direct reports.
- Actively participates in the selection and hiring of new
- Is responsible for scheduling vacation and other absence times
of his/her direct reports.
- Facilitates conflict management and resolution between
- Delivers quality training modules to teams, assesses the
learning impact, and modifies content/delivery accordingly.
- Assists the team in identifying problems, analyzing causes and
selecting appropriate solutions.
- Fosters self-discovery of alternatives and solutions in the
- Participates and promotes subordinate participation on
cross-functional and/or inter organizational teams. Frequently
leads such teams or task groups especially when the scope is broad
and/or the issue complex.
- Employs coaching and counseling activities throughout the
- Works with internal and/or external resources to resolve
problems of medium to high complexity. May be primary
representative of operations or quality group on projects.
- Expected to resolve own problems within area of responsibility,
recommending and driving changes to operating policy when
- Plans and implements organizational changes within area of
- Performs, organizes and supervises training of new
- Participates in continuous improvement projects.
- Maintain confidential information as such.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Physical Requirements
- Must be able to work in an environment without daylight /
- Ascends/descends ladders to access machinery.
- Lifting and/or moves up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift
and/or move in excess of 50 pounds using lifting aids, techniques,
or appropriate assistance
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate equipment is
- Requires standing, walking, bending, pulling, pushing, climbing
- Ability to work 12 hour rotating shifts to include day and
night time hours.
- Normal visual acuity and the ability to distinguish color are
- Minimum 4 years experience in managing, directing and planning
in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in world class
- Requires a thorough understanding of technology, guidelines and
methods applicable to the area and the ability to determine
- Requires thorough understanding of quality management
techniques and experience in developing quality and productivity
goals and measures.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- Requires leadership and managerial skills.
- Requires skills in planning, budgeting and project management
directed toward achievement of business goals.
- Requires understanding of financial performance reports and
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Demonstrates a positive, proactive approach to problem solving
and impediments, mentors others to understand and model this
approach. Constructive and relentless in pursuit of solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in
- Computer skills including familiarity with word processing
programs, spreadsheets, and graphics.
- Demonstrated desire to continually learn in order to keep up
with changing technology
- Knowledge of manufacturing protocols, statistical tools and
methodology, and continuous improvement techniques
preferred.Education and/or Experience
- BS degree (preferred)
- Minimum of 0-3 years of manufacturing experience or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years leadership experience The successful
candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has
been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable
accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious
beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable
law. Equal Employment OpportunityBaxter is an equal opportunity
employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran
status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected
characteristic. EEO is the Law EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations Baxter is
committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations
to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical
condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for
any part of the application or interview process, please click on
the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with
your contact information. Recruitment Fraud Notice Baxter has
discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties
pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage
with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or
financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself,
review our Recruitment Fraud Notice . 076076
Keywords: BAXTER, Columbus , Manufacturing Supervisor I - Sterilization and Packaging, Other , Camp Hill, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!