Sr. Property Adjuster- CAT Team (field) - Columbus, GA
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Purpose of JobAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.Job Description
Summary**Company Vehicle Provided****Looking for experienced Sr.
Property Adjusters in Columbus, GA to join USAA**This is an
exciting opportunity to join our newly formed Dedicated Catastrophe
Team, serving members impacted by catastrophe events with a primary
focus on wind and hail events. Adjusters in this role will focus on
using technology and desk adjusting for a virtual first approach to
inspections and claims handling and will also be responsible for
physically inspecting losses within their locally assigned
territory. Field Adjusters in this role may expect to travel
outside of their local territory to respond to catastrophes in
other regions when neededWithin defined guidelines and framework,
investigates, evaluates, negotiates, and settles complex property
insurance claims presented by or against our members.
Confirms/analyzes coverage, recognizes liability exposure and
negotiates equitable settlement in compliance with all state
regulatory requirements. Recognizes and empathizes with members'
life events, as appropriate.Job RequirementsPrimary
- Identifies and handles existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Manage assigned claims' caseload comprised of claims with
complex damages including specialty claims. Updates initial reserve
- Partners with vendors and internal business partners to
facilitate complex claims. May also involve external regulatory
coordination to ensure appropriate documentation and
- Investigates claim damages by conducting research from various
sources, including the insured, third parties, and external
- Proactively identifies and engages in additional confirmation
of potential discrepancies involving complicated situations.
- Serves as a resource for less experienced staff, providing
informal coaching as appropriate.
- Identifies coverage concerns, reviews prior loss history,
determines and creates Special Investigation Unit (SIU) referrals,
when appropriate Determines coverage through analyzing information
involving complex policy terms and contingencies.
- Communicates with insured about coverage or any issues that
involve additional information or considerations regarding
- Determines and negotiates complex claim's settlement. Makes
recommendations to management for settlement amounts outside of
- Maintains accurate and current claim file documentation
throughout the claims process for complex claims.
- Proficient knowledge of estimating technology platforms.
Utilizes platforms to prepare claims estimates in order to handle
complex property insurance claims.
- Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe (CAT) operations as
needed to include working significant overtime; may involve
deployment travel during designated CATs.
- May act as an informal resource for team members with less
- Recognizes and solves obstacles that occurs in the claims
process without supervisory approval.
- May require limited travel to resolve claims and conduct
in-person inspections.When you apply for this position, you will be
required to answer some initial questions. This will take
approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not
be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to
change your responses.Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma/General Equivalency Diploma
- 2 years' relevant property claims adjusting experience of
moderate complexity that includes writing estimates involving
dwelling and structural damages.
- Successfully acquire Property & Casualty (P&C) adjuster
license and state registrations within 90 days of hire.
- Proficient knowledge of Xactimate or similar estimating
- Advanced knowledge estimating losses of moderate
- Proficient knowledge of property claims contracts and
interpretation of case law.
- Demonstrated negotiation, investigation, communication and
conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to travel 50-75% of the year (local & non-local) and/or
work catastrophe duty when needed.
- Developing knowledge of residential construction.Physical
- May require the ability to crouch and stoop to inspect confined
spaces, to include attics and go beneath homes into crawl
- May need to meet all USAA safe driving requirements including
verification of driving record through MVR & possession of valid
- May require the ability to lift a minimum of 35 pounds to
include lifting a ladder in and out of the trunk of a car.
- May require the ability to climb ladders and traverse roofs,
this includes the ability to work at heights while inspecting roofs
and attics.Preferred Experience:
- Prior experience adjusting property claims using virtual
- Prior property field adjuster experience handling DWG, APS and
- Prior deployments in support of catastrophes
- Bachelor's degree
- Industry designations such as CPCU, AIC, SCLA
- Currently reside within or have the ability to self-relocate to
- Xactimate Level 1 and/or Level 2 certification
- Currently hold an active Adjuster License
- Military Veteran or Military SpouseCompensation: USAA has an
effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges
to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary
range based on your experience and market position. The salary
range for this position is: $60,300-103,000.Employees may be
eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and
individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of
Directors.*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential
is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in
locations where market pay levels are above the national
average.Shift premium will be addressed on an individual basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
hours.Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits
to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These
benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans,
401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption
assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid
volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education assists employees
with their professional goals.Please click on the link below for
more details.USAA Total RewardsRelocation assistance is not
available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Columbus , Sr. Property Adjuster- CAT Team (field) - Columbus, GA, Other , Ellerslie, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!