Sr. Property Adjuster-CAT(field)- Columbus, GA
Company: United Services Automobile Association
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Purpose of Job
**Looking for experienced Sr. Property Adjusters in the Columbus,
GA area to join USAA**
**Company Vehicle Provided**
This is an exciting opportunity to join our newly formed Dedicated
Catastrophe Team, serving members impacted by catastrophe events
with a primary focus on wind and hail events. Adjusters in this
role will focus on utilizing technology and desk adjusting for a
virtual first approach to inspections and claims handling and will
also be responsible for physically inspecting losses within their
locally assigned territory. Field Adjusters in this role may expect
to travel outside of their local territory to respond to
catastrophes in other regions when needed.
Within defined guidelines and framework, investigates, evaluates,
negotiates, and settles complex property insurance claims presented
by or against our members. Confirms/analyzes coverage, recognizes
liability exposure and negotiates equitable settlement in
compliance with all state regulatory requirements. Recognizes and
empathizes with members' life events, as appropriate.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
USAA Careers - World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
Primary Responsibilities :
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Manage assigned claims caseload comprised of claims with
complex damages including specialty claims. Updates initial reserve
- Partners with vendors and internal business partners to
facilitate complex claims. May also involve external regulatory
coordination to ensure appropriate documentation and
- Investigates claim damages by conducting research from various
sources, including the insured, third parties, and external
- Proactively identifies and engages in additional confirmation
of potential discrepancies involving complicated situations.
- Serves as a resource for less experienced staff, providing
informal coaching as appropriate.
- Identifies coverage concerns, reviews prior loss history,
determines and creates Special Investigation Unit (SIU) referrals,
when appropriate Determines coverage through analyzing information
involving complex policy terms and contingencies.
- Communicates with insured about coverage or any issues that
involve additional information or considerations regarding
- Determines and negotiates complex claims settlement. Makes
recommendations to management for settlement amounts outside of
- Maintains accurate and current claim file documentation
throughout the claims process for complex claims.
- Proficient knowledge of estimating technology platforms.
Utilizes platforms to prepare claims estimates in order to manage
complex property insurance claims.
- Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe (CAT) operations as
needed to include working significant overtime; may involve
deployment travel during designated CATs.
- May act as an informal resource for team members with less
- Recognizes and solves obstacles that occurs in the claims
process without supervisory approval.
- May require limited travel to resolve claims and conduct
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer
some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes.
Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at
a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- High School Diploma/General Equivalency Diploma
- 2 years' relevant property claims adjusting experience of
moderate complexity that includes writing estimates involving
dwelling and structural damages.
- Successfully acquire Property & Casualty (P&C) adjuster
license and state registrations within 90 days of hire.
- Proficient knowledge of Xactimate or similar estimating
- Advanced knowledge estimating losses of moderate
- Proficient knowledge of property claims contracts and
interpretation of case law.
- Demonstrated negotiation, investigation, communication and
conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to travel 50-75% of the year (local & non-local) and/or
work catastrophe duty when needed.
- Developing knowledge of residential construction.
Physical Demand Requirements :
- May require the ability to crouch and stoop to inspect confined
spaces, to include attics and go beneath homes into crawl
- May need to meet all USAA safe driving requirements including
verification of driving record through MVR & possession of valid
- May require the ability to lift a minimum of 35 pounds to
include lifting a ladder in and out of the trunk of a car.
- May require the ability to climb ladders and traverse roofs,
this includes the ability to work at heights while inspecting roofs
- Prior experience adjusting property claims using virtual
- Prior property field adjuster experience handling DWG, APS and
- Prior deployments in support of catastrophes
- Bachelor's degree
- Industry designations such as CPCU, AIC, SCLA
- Currently reside within or have the ability to self-relocate to
the Columbus, GA area
- Xactimate Level 1 and/or Level 2 certification
- Currently hold an active Adjuster License
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.
Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing market
data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You
are paid within the salary range based on your experience and
market position. The salary range for this position is: $60,300.00
-$108,600.00 this does not include geographic differential it may
be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall
corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the
USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is
additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations
where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to
support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These
benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans,
401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption
assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid
volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education assists employees
with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Keywords: United Services Automobile Association, Columbus , Sr. Property Adjuster-CAT(field)- Columbus, GA, Other , Columbus, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!