Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: October 13, 2021
Expanding company has an opportunity for a
Manufacturing Engineer in a nice
urban location in east / central Alabama that would have two
primary responsibilities: designing manufacturing processes for
optimum efficiency and leading root cause investigations. This
requires strong leadership skills as well as working knowledge
manufacturing statistics. This position is responsible for ongoing
life-cycle process performance. Key metrics include
process efficiency, scrap, and first pass yield. This is a
high volume and automated environment. Benefits begin the
first day of employment.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Working knowledge of manufacturing validation process for
• Working knowledge of statistics and an ability to determine the
appropriate variables to analyze for statistical
• Ability to analyze a new manufacturing process and determine the
critical variables as well as output analysis for
• Construct engineering studies and designs of experiment in order
to characterize manufacturing processes.
• Design and manage value stream maps for key manufacturing
processes with an understanding of the
appropriate performance metrics for success.
• Ability to lead continuous improvement activities such as Kaizen
events and Six Sigma projects.
• Generate engineering reports for process validations and test
• Lead project teams for root cause investigation, validation
strategies, and process design.
• Develop project analysis plan, including computer-generated table
specifications, statistical analysis plan, and
research report format.
• Verify statistical programs, statistical results, and data sets
used in statistical section of technical documents.
• Co-operate in further development of internal guidelines and
• Problem Solving - Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and
analyzes information skillfully. Identifies and
resolves problems in a timely manner. Uses reason even when dealing
with emotional topics. Works well in
group problem solving situations.
• Adaptability - Ability to adapt to frequent changes, delays, or
unexpected events and still yield an effective
outcome. Adapts to changes in the work environment. Changes
approach or method to best fit the situation.
Manages competing demands
• Judgment - Recognizes important information quickly and grasps
its implications. Makes timely, sound
decisions, even under conditions of risk, uncertainty, and
incomplete information. Includes appropriate people
in decision-making process. Accepts accountability for decisions by
ensuring follow through and effective implementation
- Engineering related Bachelor degree preferred
- At least 7 years of manufacturing engineering related
- Industry experience in medical device, pharmaceutical or
- Flexible as to processes with coatings and plastic injection
mold experience being a plus
- Would like experience leading project teams for root cause
investigation, validation strategies, and process design
- Would like experience leading continuous improvement related
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Columbus , Manufacturing Engineer, Other , Opelika, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!