Environmental Services Tech (Housekeeper)
Posted on: September 15, 2021
- Performs duties involved with cleaning patient and non-patient
areas by utilizing appropriate cleaning aids.
- Pays close attention to cleaning detail.
- Cleans, polishes furniture/fixtures in assigned areas and
arranges furniture and/or equipment as directed.
- Cleans floors with vacuums, dust mops, and/or wet mops.
- Collects and removes trash and recyclable items and deposits to
- May be required to dispose of biochemical waste in accordance
with policy and procedures.
- Operates light power equipment and performs preventive
maintenance on equipment; e.g., ensures vacuum cleaner bags are
- Maintains adequate stock of supplies in bathrooms and storage
- Tells supervisor when time to restock and re-order
- Greets and acknowledges patients, families, and coworkers to
ensure a positive environment.
- Performs work in a safe manner by practicing all infection
control procedures, being aware of safety hazards and acting on
- Follows prescribed cleaning techniques and uses cleaning
- Maintains security and confidentiality of areas by
locking/unlocking doors and performing related functions.
- A high school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, and follow instructions.
- Some positions within this classification may require the
ability to lift 50 pounds and to bend, stoop, and twist.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Medium): 20-50 lbs; 0-33% of the work day
(occasionally); 11-25 lbs, 34-66% of the workday (frequently);
01-10 lbs, 67-100% of the workday (constantly); Lifting 50 lbs max;
Carrying of objects up to 25 lbs; Occasional to frequent standing &
walking, Occasional sitting, Close eye work (computers, typing,
reading, writing), Physical demands may vary depending on assigned
work area and work tasks.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Factors affecting environment conditions may
vary depending on the assigned work area and tasks. Environmental
exposures include, but are not limited to: Blood-borne pathogen
exposure Bio-hazardous waste Chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors
Communicable diseases Electrical shock, Floor Surfaces, Hot/Cold
Temperatures, Indoor/Outdoor conditions, Latex, Lighting, Patient
care/handling injuries, Radiation, Shift work, Travel may be
required. Use of personal protective equipment, including
respirators, environmental conditions may vary depending on
assigned work area and work tasks.
Keywords: Emory, Columbus , Environmental Services Tech (Housekeeper), Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!