Mortgage Loan Originator - Certainty
Company: Certainty Home Loans
Posted on: June 12, 2021
First and foremost Certainty Home Loans is about people. We're
about doing whatever it takes to find the right home mortgage for
you. We are about personal attention, about simplifying the process
through our expertise and transparency. Because in an industry
where many of the products stay the same, it is the team of
individuals helping you and the service they provide that make the
In January 2000-armed with passion, ethics, and experience-we
wanted to create a successful company built on forming solid
partnerships with real estate agents and builders who shared a
similar vision; to make home ownership a reality by putting people
first. At the time, it was a unique concept in the home mortgage
industry. We opened the doors to the public on March 1, 2000 as WR
Starkey Mortgage, LLP.
Today, our name has changed to Certainty Home Loans, LLC but our
core belief in treating people right while providing unparalleled
customer service and mortgage expertise remains. We are nationally
recognized with a reputation for offering a wide range of loan
products and a commitment to the communities we serve.
We never want to lose sight of our values and the importance of the
individual. We hire talented, entrepreneurial individuals to run
our day-to-day operations. These individuals are selected because
of their abilities to grow our company while maintaining
exceptional customer support. People are our #1 asset at Certainty
Home Loans. Our approach is to involve all employees in the
direction of the company by allowing them to provide direct
feedback to management. This provides the incentive for all
employees to manage the business as if it were their own.
As a Mortgage Loan Originator, a typical day might include the
As a Mortgage Loan Originator, you are responsible for originating
quality loans by selling Certainty's loan products and services to
meet the needs of our client base. It also includes being
responsible for the overall customer interaction and interface with
all parties involved on each individual loan that is originated
from application to closing, including but not limited to:
educating and pre-qualifying potential borrowers; taking or
reviewing applications received for completion and accuracy;
obtaining all necessary support documents along with the
appropriate fee and lock-in information; overseeing the loan
process by monitoring loan status and ensuring conformity with
terms; assisting in collecting additional documents and promptly
communicating loan status to all interested parties.
* Sources, develops and structures mortgage financing requests for
new and existing customers.
* Negotiates terms, structures loan financing based on risk
considerations and presents credits for approval to appropriate
levels of authority as required.
* Improves loan applications and documentation by informing
applicant of additional requirements.
* Rejects loans by explaining deficiencies to applicants.
* Approves loans by issuing checks or forwarding applications to
* Completes loan contracts by explaining provisions to applicant;
obtaining signatures and notarizations; collecting fees.
* Helps customers by answering questions; responding to
* Maintains customer confidence by keeping loan information
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining
personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
This job might be for you if:
* Minimum 2 years of lending experience and documented self sourced
* Excellent working knowledge of standard loan products in the
industry, various state guidelines and strong familiarity with
* Bachelor's degree in finance, business, or economics preferred
but not required
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference and volume.
* Strong interpersonal-communication and business-relationship
* Detail oriented with strong organizational and follow-through
* Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication
Keywords: Certainty Home Loans, Columbus , Mortgage Loan Originator - Certainty, Other , Columbus, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!