Company: Raytheon Technologies Corp
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job ID 01446650 Most Recent Date Posted 06/08/2021 City Columbus
State Georgia Country United States
United States of America
PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA,
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's
most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to
support our organization.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally
diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the
people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's
challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting
A team member at this level is expected to assist in preparation
and maintenance of chemical process solutions used in various
chemical processes and other duties related to the operation of a
chemical warehouse storage facility. This position requires a
mechanical and technical aptitude and an ability to follow work
instructions. Comply with all environmental, health, and safety
- You will mix chemical solutions following instructions on
sequence of preparation in Process Solution sheets.
- You will add chemicals to existing solutions to maintain proper
operating standards as recommended by supervision.
- We weigh and measure required amounts of chemicals using scales
and graduated receptacles.
- We combine various chemicals in bottles or tanks, mixing
ingredients thoroughly, as required.
- You will perform all duties with the highest regard for safety,
always wear the proper personal protective equipment (PPE) and be
familiar with all Safety data sheets (SDS) sheets pertaining to the
chemicals in the MCL lab
- You will heat solutions to operating temperatures and assist in
lab tests for correct concentration.
- You will clean and flush tanks using hand tools such as
shovels, scrappers, and brooms and remove waste chemicals from
tanks to bins, properly identify them and store in designated
- You will operate a forklift, managing safety around chemicals,
and receive raw materials by offloading and transport and store
incoming chemicals into warehouse storage facility
- We inventory/warehouse management, order essential raw
materials and follow up on deliveries
- You will take appropriate clean-up action in emergencies such
as leaks and spills, following guidelines from the Contingency
Plan, P & W, OSHA Manual and Material Safety Data Sheets.
- On rotation with MCL Chemical Team Members, for back-up
emergency chemical requirements/needs on weekends or other
- Study all chemical handling instruction and documentation and
review same as directed by supervisor and/or plant department
regulations. Learn piping and valving details of all chemical lines
and transfer equipment.
- You will obtain proper OSHA, Haz-Mat, RICRA, etc.
certifications, as required
- Positive Relationships
- You will perform all tasks at the highest level of safety
Education / Certifications
- High school graduate or GED
- High school graduate or GED
- 6 months plus manufacturing experience, technical training,
military training experience, or completion of Certified
Manufacturing Specialist Program
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Ability to compute decimals and fractions to determine
percentages of chemicals to be mixed for new solutions or added to
existing solutions, and ability to use various meters and gages for
testing and scales for weighing chemicals.
- Forklift experience
- Basic knowledge of a chemical laboratory environment
- Craft clear communication
- Analytical Skills
- Creative troubleshooting skills
- Possess excellent judgment and professional maturity
- Possess exceptional people and interpersonal skills.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Keywords: Raytheon Technologies Corp, Columbus , Chemical Handler, Other , Columbus, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!