Training & Development Specialist
Company: frontdoor, inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Frontdoor is a company that's obsessed with taking the hassle
out of owning a home. With services powered by people and enabled
by technology, it is the parent company of four home service plan
brands: American Home Shield, HSA, Landmark and OneGuard, as well
as American Home Shield ProConnect, an on-demand membership service
for home repairs and maintenance, and Streem, a technology company
that enables businesses to serve customers through an enhanced
augmented reality, computer vision and machine learning platform.
Frontdoor serves more than two million customers across the U.S.
through a network of more than 16,000 pre-qualified contractor
firms that employ over 45,000 technicians. The company's
customizable home service plans help customers protect and maintain
their homes from costly and unexpected breakdowns of essential home
systems and appliances. With nearly 50 years of experience, the
company responds to over four million service requests annually (or
one request every eight seconds).
The primary purpose of the Training Specialist is to facilitate
virtual instructor-led training of new hires and existing contact
center associates. Records and communicates training activities,
learner progress, and attendance. Assists with the development and
revision of training materials. Teaches multiple curricula across a
variety of business units. Reports to Training Manager.
The following duties are typical, however other duties may be
assigned as needed.
- Presents information using a variety of instructional
techniques or formats, such as role playing, simulations, team
exercises, group discussions, videos, or lectures.
- Facilitates virtual classroom sessions across multiple time
zones (EST, CST, and MST).
- Evaluates learner progress through academic assessments, hands
on practice, and on-the-job training.
- Collaborates with an Instructional Designer to assess, update,
and revise training materials.
- Participates in work groups to identify knowledge gaps and
recommend learning solutions.
- Reviews and analyzes records for training programs, including,
but not limited to, course evaluations and learner participation,
data and trends to recommend program changes.
- Keeps up with development in learning industry through reading
current blogs, articles, professional association membership, and
- Prepares for upcoming classes by reviewing the course material,
creating the class records in the Learning Management System (LMS),
coordinating with Talent Acquisition (TA) and Human Resources (HR),
and welcoming the learners.
- Develop and maintain constructive working relationships with
stakeholders, such as Human Resources partners, frontline leaders,
and subject-matter experts.
- Keeps records for each class of attendance, academics, and
- Effectively communicates classroom performance of learners to
the appropriate stakeholders.
- Assists with maintaining the knowledge-base by updating
resources, flagging inaccuracies, and answering questions.
- Provides training support for business initiatives by providing
train-the-trainer sessions and coaching agents.
- May serve as a mentor for other trainers, providing
developmental feedback through observations and peer learning.
- May certify other trainers to facilitate curricula through
observation and assessment, using provided materials.
- May travel as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Adult Education or equivalent area of
study, supplemented by three (3) years of training and development
experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training,
and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and
abilities for this job.
- Dedicated workspace, free from auditory and visual
- High-speed internet access, sufficient for quality video
- Knowledge of training strategies and principles, including
adult learning theory, teaching and instruction for individuals and
groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Classroom management skills including organization, time
management, recognizing learner accomplishments, and correcting
- Emotional intelligence: The ability to perceive the emotional
state of individuals and groups; the ability to modify one's own
verbal and non-verbal mannerisms to engage and build trust.
- Proficiency with virtual classroom software such as Zoom,
Microsoft applications such as SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Outlook, and Teams.
- Professional written communication skills. The ability to
communicate with both senior business leaders and associates.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Speaking and listening. The ability to exchange ideas with
others through the use of spoken word quickly and accurately via
electronic device speakers or headset.
- Manual dexterity. Repetitive movement of the wrists, hands and
fingers to use a mouse and perform typing tasks.
- Visual acuity. This role requires performing detail-oriented
activities at distances close to the eyes and within arm's reach
such as reading information on a computer screen.
Keywords: frontdoor, inc., Columbus , Training & Development Specialist, Other , Lagrange, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!