Patient Account Rep I - OP
Company: Emory Healthcare
Location: La Grange
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Work Hours: Full-time (40hrs) 8a-4:30p
Must have insurance verification, referral and precertification
- Under direct supervision, collects and follows up on all
accounts assigned prior to, during, or after admission and
- Verifies, researches, and completes all paperwork and forms to
bill all types of claims for reimbursement.
- Delivers superior customer service to patients and internal
customers while serving as a patient advocate during the cycle of
the account. Operates standard office equipment including
telephone, copier, fax machine; prepares written correspondence and
completes various forms.
- Reviews all accounts assigned for collection prior to, during,
or after admission and discharge.
- Verifies insurance as needed to resolve account balances.
Responsible for handling and resolving incoming customer inquiries
/ or concerns by providing patient/guarantor from physician
practices with a consistent and seamless experience.
- Also responsible for following up and collecting outstanding
patient/guarantor balances through inbound and outbound phone
contact utilizing a predictive dialing system.
- Under direct supervision, provides outstanding customer service
to stakeholders in a diverse and fast-paced environment.
- Drive volumes and increase revenue by obtaining
Pre-Authorization for various outpatient/inpatient procedures in a
- Under direct supervision, responsible for operating imaging
tools for use in the creation of electronic files or archives.
- Responsible for preparing, scanning, and indexing
documents/images being converted to electronic/digital format.
- Under direct supervision, responsible for registering patients
from electronic and/or hard copy paper demographic
- Ensures that all patient information, payment information, and
documents adhere to HIPAA, PCI, and other established quality
- High school diploma or equivalent and one (1) year of customer
service, collections or billing and/or registration experience in a
healthcare or insurance setting OR one year of college/technical
school and six (6) months progressive experience.
- Typing skills with a minimum of 35 wpm and good communication
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (MediumMax 25lbs): up to 25 lbs, 0-33% of
the work day (occasionally); 11-25 lbs, 34-66% of the workday
(frequently); 01-10 lbs, 67-100% of the workday (constantly);
Lifting 25 lbs max; Carrying of objects up to 25 lbs; Occasional to
frequent standing & walking, Occasional sitting, Close eye work
(computers, typing, reading, writing), Physical demands may vary
depending on assigned work area and work tasks. ENVIRONMENTAL
FACTORS: Factors affecting environment conditions may vary
depending on the assigned work area and tasks. Environmental
exposures include, but are not limited to: Blood-borne pathogen
exposure Bio-hazardous waste Chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors
Communicable diseases Electrical shock, Floor Surfaces, Hot/Cold
Temperatures, Indoor/Outdoor conditions, Latex, Lighting, Patient
care/handling injuries, Radiation, Shift work, Travel may be
required. Use of personal protective equipment, including
respirators, environmental conditions may vary depending on
assigned work area and work tasks.
Keywords: Emory Healthcare, Columbus , Patient Account Rep I - OP, Other , La Grange, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!