Subsidiary of IES Infrastructure Solutions, LLC
5277 Chumar Drive
Columbus, GA 31904
Job Title: Machinist
Location: Columbus, GA
Operate various machine tools to manufacture and repair
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
In this position individual will perform the following:
- Record all data necessary to produce expected service and/or
design results, including sizings and illustrations.
- Use measuring devices and techniques correctly to assure proper
- Perform milling operations such as drilling, tapping, boring
and conventional milling and lathe work, using various engine
lathes (e.g., horizontal and vertical mills and horizontal boring
- Balance mechanical assemblies using dynamic balancing
- Perform various metalizing (metal spraying) techniques as
- Understand materials and applications as required.
- Perform various welding operations, including setup and use of
MIG, TIG, torch and stick welders.
- Set up and perform tool-post grinding procedures and babbitt
- Use various hand-held and stationary power and non-power tools,
including but not limited to: band saws, belt sanders, hand
grinder, files, etc.
- Lift, tighten, adjust and/or secure heavy objects in order to
perform work and/or to observe safety precautions.
- Observe all safety procedures and use proper protective gear
(especially eye and ear protection).
- Assist other machinists in department with skilled or
non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor or shop manager.
- Observe all safety procedures and policies and use proper
protective equipment (especially eye, ear protection and steel toe
shoes/boots, gloves, etc.)
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Report all injuries, near misses and accidents immediately to a
- All other duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills and Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one
to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience is desired.
- Certification from a Technical school helpful.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or
negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well
to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Ability to write clearly and informatively; Presents numerical
data effectively; Able to read and interpret written
- Ability to add, subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and
divide with 10's and 100's.
- Must be able to read a measuring tape.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple
one or two step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized
situations with only occasional or no variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have
knowledge of basic computer applications.
- Mechanical aptitude required.
- Prior experience working as a Machinist desired.
Must be able to pass pre-employment background check and drug
screen, and when applicable if duties involve operating motor
vehicle must be able to pass motor vehicle record check.
Minimum Years of Experience
IES is a national provider of industrial products and
infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including
electrical, mechanical and communications contracting solutions for
the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy
markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As
of the end of IES's 2019 fiscal year ending September 30, 2019 IES
produced over $1.1 billion in revenue and employed over 5000
employees at over 79 domestic locations across the United States.
IES is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Minorities,
Females. Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation, Individuals with
Disabilities, Protected Veterans Encouraged to Apply.
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS. NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited
agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented
to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between
that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become
the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits
discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with
disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or
characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring,
transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and
all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that
retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding
possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is
also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the
employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and
protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to
support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent
with company policy and the company's obligations as a contractor
to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law.
"EEO is the Law" poster | "EEO is the Law" poster supplement
View IES' policy on Pay Transparency Pay Transparency
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES
provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by
Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era
Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need
accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES
corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to request
IES Participates in E-Verify
Right to Work