Job ID 01448198 Most Recent Date Posted 06/08/2021 City Columbus
State Georgia Country United States
United States of America
PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA,
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of
flight-designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the
world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within,
we're seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you'll find a place where your talent
takes flight-beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort
zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we'll welcome you into
a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your
drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an
industry that's evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look
Are you ready to go beyond?
Manager Quality Assurance GFB
The Quality and Processes Engineering (Q&PE) is seeking a
Manager with some NDT background who will be working as a Manager
of the NDT/Sonic department in the P&W Columbus Georgia Forging
Business. The successful candidate will manage and lead a talented
team of NDT Sonic Level III's in ensuring that the overall business
needs, department objectives and strategic initiatives are being
met. As part of the managerial responsibilities it would encompass
conducting performance reviews, talent development, as well as
- He/she will be a self-starter with good technical experience,
excellent leadership abilities across all levels of the
organization and demonstrated success working in a high pressure
- As a member of the Q&PE NDT team, he/she will ensure that
the flight safety parts are inspected in accordance with quality
- Being part of the Quality organization, it would require
ensuring that the department maintains compliance to all
internal/external required regulations.
- The position also requires overseeing audits and lead the
resolution of any audit findings as necessary.
- He/she will also devise and make productivity improvements
required to meet an increasing business demand.
- No Degree or equivalent with 12+ years experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent with 6+ years experience
- A background in maintaining compliance and productivity of a
Team of talented people
- Ability to foster organizational relationships at all levels of
- Be able to work independently and have demonstrated leadership
and communication skills
- Have experience with training personnel, maintaining personnel
qualification records and auditing of NDT systems
- Co-ordination and management of equipment maintenance and
calibration schedules, preventative maintenance and records
management. Ordering and management of consumables such as
transducers cables etc. in a production environment.
- SAP Experience (procurement as well as SAP records management
such as QN's)
- Hands-on shop-floor experience with ultrasonic inspection
systems including programming and program validation
- Be recognized as a level 3 NDT Engineer in one or more NDT
methods including ultrasonic inspection..
- The ideal candidate will have a degree in Quality, Materials,
Aerospace, Manufacturing Engineering or other discipline applicable
to the position also have some specialized technical training such
as BAER Training, ACE training and PFMEA training.
- Certification as a level 3 NDT engineer
- Experience in submerged ultrasonic inspection.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms