Community Bank Risk Analyst
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Provides research, analytical, and administrative support to
Community Risk Management, which provides oversight of the
compliance, credit, operational and reputational risks associated
with the Synovus Community Banking strategy. Participates in a
variety of projects ranging in complexity as required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports Community Bank Risk Management by performing periodic
analysis, monitoring and self-testing as prescribed. Communicates
and coordinates with various business units within the bank to
analyze information needs and requirements. Monitors and maintains
multiple reports. Elevates any issues that may arise and need
attention to management.
- Creates engaging and informative presentations that communicate
results to management and executive audiences. Organizes data and
generates various reports and models. Interprets and translates
data in multiple formats. Analyzes and aggregates information as
required and summarizes results with relevant formatting, tables or
- Provides support during regulatory, internal audit and
compliance examinations for the Community Bank including gathering
information, performing analysis, and creating presentations that
communicate results to management and executive audiences. Monitors
and tracks the progress, changes and results of MRA/MRIAs and
highlights areas of concern.
- Assists in the review of all Community Banking complaints and
determines that respective complaints are appropriately handled,
including identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Serves as a point of contact for first-line-of-defense
monitoring and self-testing. Assists with quarterly reporting of
self-testing and monitoring procedures and results for Community
Banking business units. Monitors and tracks the progress, changes
and results of MRA/MRIAs that result from period testing errors
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their
functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures,
laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role.
Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected
violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely
- Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in
- Bachelor's degree in related field or an equivalent combination
of education and experience.
- Four years of compliance or risk management experience
including creating executive level reporting.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Analytical skills,
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software products
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Understanding of banking business, processes, systems and
Keywords: Synovus, Columbus , Community Bank Risk Analyst, Other , Columbus, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!