2nd Shift Loader (Shipping)
Company: Jo-Ann Fabrics
Posted on: May 3, 2021
JOANN Distribution Centers utilize optimal processes and the
latest technology to create a state-of-the-art inventory
distribution system. At our DCs, we control the flow of product to
our entire network of stores. Our Team Members focus on quality and
efficiency to ensure that JOANN products -from fabrics to frames
-are delivered safely to our stores and on schedule for our
customers. Whether you operate material handling equipment to
unload or replenish inventory, fulfill orders or prepare the orders
for shipments, you will be an integral component of our business.
Here, teamwork, innovative thinking and attention to detail are the
keys to our success.
The Loader is responsible for loading cartons on outbound
trailers. The Loader is required to load a trailer in an organized
fashion, protecting product from damage, and conserving as much
space as possible to maximize the cube. They are also required to
verify they are loading the correct store in the order it needs to
be in the trailer.
- Removes empty totes from the trucks with a pushing force of up
to 100 lbs;
- Hand loads boxes from the end of a conveyor in to the trailer.
Boxes and totes are stacked approx 106" high and can weigh up to 97
- Loads non-conveyable cartons delivered via pallet by hand
loading them on to the conveyor;
- All other task and duties as assigned.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
- Ability to operate equipment such as motorized jack, tow motor
- Able to achieve/maintain production requirements
- Attentive to all aspects of the environment while working
- Able to work effectively for significant periods of time in a
location with little interpersonal contact
- Able to work well with others
- Sensitive to the diversity and needs of others
- Support company values and support company objectives.
- Regular and Predictable Attendance
- Available to work scheduled hours to include overtime and
weekends as required
- Ability to walk up to 10 hours a day on concrete floor
- Ability to climb stairs in multi-story structures
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Education Minimum: High school diploma or general education
- Experience Minimum: Warehouse experience and/or power equipment
This position will be located at:
3101 Anderson Road Opelika, AL 36801
JOANN is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This job
summary is intended to be brief and does not list all duties for
this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed
as an express or implied contract of employment. JOANN is an
at-will employer, which means that your employment may be
terminated by JOANN or yourself with or without notice or cause
unless the at-will arrangement is modified by a written agreement
signed by both you and and authorized representative of JOANN.
Keywords: Jo-Ann Fabrics, Columbus , 2nd Shift Loader (Shipping), Other , Opelika, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!