Continuous Improvement Lead
Company: JELD-WEN Group
Posted on: February 22, 2021
JELD-WEN (NYSE:JELD), founded in 1960, is one of the world's
largest door and window manufacturers, with more than 22,000
employees operating in 24 countries globally. Headquartered in
Charlotte, North Carolina, JELD-WEN designs, produces and
distributes an extensive range of interior and exterior doors,
wood, vinyl and aluminium--windows and related products for use in
the new construction and repair and remodelling--of residential
homes and non-residential buildings.--
Our products and services afford us the opportunity to enter
peoples' workplaces, homes and daily lives. With this privilege
comes great responsibility to ensure that the products we deliver
are reliable and enrich the places and lives that they touch. We
bring beauty and security to the spaces that touch our lives. We
act with integrity, invest in people, inspire through innovation,
deliver on our promises and improve every day. We are seeking
talented individuals who share this purpose and values and want to
excel in their field of expertise. We offer excellent benefits, a
collaborative environment in which to apply your talent and a
dynamic and growing company, with exceptional career progression
opportunities. Summary:-- The JELD-WEN Excellence Model (JEM) is a
culture, a system and a tool kit. The lean manufacturing tools and
process improvement techniques are proven in achieving operational
excellence on a worldwide scale. JEM is built by JELD-WEN
associates, reflecting our diverse experiences at lean, world-class
organizations. Under the direct supervision of the Plant Manager,
the JEM Leader will lead the plant's CI initiatives designed to
eliminate waste and non-value added activities and improve
performance in Safety, Quality, Product Delivery, Cost and
Inventory. This position will provide guidance and act as a
resource to the Plant Manager and CI teams on the selection and
project management of Lean projects. Essential Duties and
Responsibilities:-- include the following. Other duties may be
- This position will lead the plant leadership team in developing
the plant's overall CI plan in alignment with the Plant Manager and
corporate CI improvement teams.
- This leader ensures that the Plant Manager is aware of the
corporate requirements and works in building an integrated plan
that delivers both the needed results and the growth in capability
(skills and culture) for sustaining CI.
- This position will lead Lean projects for improvement results
that can be leveraged across plants, functions, and product
- Ensures that CI training, tools, test practices and resources
are available to employees at all levels and are being utilized
appropriately and effectively.
- Develops and executes a communication plan to support the
rollout and education on continuous improvements to the plant.
- Lead all reporting and root-cause analysis. Lead or coach
focused improvement activities and teams to improve results like
safety, quality, delivery, cost and inventory. Conduct root-cause
analysis and coaching to resolve production issues.
- Coach and teach the daily plant management system on the floor
and plant management levels. Work and coach on improving machine
performance and work flow.
- Study process flow charts and recommend modifications in work
- Analyze and improve work and measure performance.
- Coach the process of developing and deploying effective
standard work practices across the plant. Share and reapply proven
methods from other locations as appropriate. Communicate such
changes in CI's promptly to all to ensure consistency.
- Facilitate and co-facilitate various CI related workshops and
training events. Teach the concepts and coach the plant personnel
to see and eliminate waste.
- Works with the Plant Manager and plant leadership in analyzing
key performance indicators to make the plant better measure,
visualize, analyze, improve, report and implement CI's based upon
key performance indicators.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Operations, Manufacturing, or
equivalent education and experience as determined by
- Hands on experience using modern Operational Excellence and
Continuous Improvement methods (LEAN, TPS, SQDCI, etc.).
- Certified Lean Manager preferred.
- At least three (3) to five (5) years experience leading Lean
Transformations in manufacturing operations, educating others on
Lean principles and deployment planning.
- Knowledge of manufacturing process improvement techniques,
preferably in the door and window industry.
- Strong project management, organizational, analytical, and
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thought processes to
develop, recommend and implement strategies and programs that
address plant and corporate objectives.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills up and down
the organizational hierarchy to include corporate offices.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with direct reports and
influence on those with whom there is not a reporting
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflict effectively and
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office and
applicable JELD-WEN software applications.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently under conditions of
multiple deadlines and changing priorities. Ability to travel on
occasion for training purposes and/or to corporate offices JELD-WEN
is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not
discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on
the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by
applicable discrimination laws. Unless explicitly requested or
approached by JELD-WEN, the company will not accept unsolicited
resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based
Keywords: JELD-WEN Group, Columbus , Continuous Improvement Lead, Other , Wedowee, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!