Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are
the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which
achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Electrician is responsible for maintaining existing
electrical system infrastructure to ensure a safe electrical
environment is provided for all employees, contractors, etc. The
Electrician also maintains facilities and production equipment to
operate in the safest and most productive condition, supporting
continuous improvement, production strategies, and plant
Essential Job Duties
* Understands and adheres to governmental regulatory programs
and policies. These may include but are not limited to National
Electrical Code, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Uniform
Building Code (UBC), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
70, National Electric Code, NFPA 70B Electrical Maintenance, NFPA
70E Arc Flash Electrical Safety, NFPA 79 Electrical Standard For
Industrial Machinery and local government environmental agency
* Practices and complies with all plant and maintenance
department safety procedures, including but not limited to:
Lock-Out - Tag-Out; Arc Flash and Hot Work Permits.
* Understands the concept of Permit Required Confined Spaces and
assists with proper alternate entry of re-classified confined
spaces when necessary.
* Follows all applicable good manufacturing practices (GMP's)
for area assigned.
* Maintains and uses appropriate personal protective equipment
(PPE) in accordance with OSHA, food handling before and after
equipment inspection and repair activities.
* Attends classes, seminars, and in-house training as needed to
maintain skill level with changes in the industry.
* Makes improvements and suggestions to optimize maintenance
* Executes and document planned and unplanned work findings and
data during shift via computerized maintenance management system
(CMMS). Execution and resolution of equipment
* Leverages methodologies including, but not limited to: root
cause analysis (RCA), break down failure analysis (BDA) and cause
maps to identify and resolve equipment issues.
* Utilizes predictive maintenance technologies to identify
failures and takes correct follow-up actions. Predictive
maintenance technologies include ultrasound, thermal imaging,
Electrical and current analysis.
* Documents the cause of the failure and works with maintenance
team, planner, supervisor, or other team members to take action to
prevent a reoccurrence of the failure.
* Understands and interprets technical documents and diagrams
which include but are not limited to: factory manuals, blueprints,
schematics, Single Line Electrical Drawings, mechanical and
electrical equipment schematics, pneumatics, hydraulics, and
Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID's), and etc.
* Performs basic functions such as running conduit and piping to
* Capable of calibrate and set-up instrumentation.
* Applies industry knowledge to identify aging and obsolete
* Understands and uses code for troubleshooting Programmable
Logic Controller (PLC's), Human Machine Interface (HMI's), Variable
Frequency Drive (VFD's), etc.
* May perform other duties as required.
Scope of Responsibility
* This position does not have direct supervisory
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
* Read, comprehends, and carries out detailed written or oral
instructions, correspondence, and memos.
* Write and present information in one-on-one and small group
situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the
* Communicate/interact with all levels of employees in a
professional manner. Work and function as a team member in a
* Perform simple arithmetic functions including addition,
subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers,
decimals, fractions, and mixed numbers. Measure using devices.
Convert measurements from feet/inches to decimals and vice versa.
Draw and interpret bar graphs.
* Use a computer for data entry and documentation of maintenance
findings on work orders. In some cases, upload and download of
technical manuals and specifications from CMMS or internet. Must be
able to use a basic calculator
* Effectively work and function in a team based collaborative
* Requires attention to detail, mechanical ability and ability
to multi-task. Must be able to make good decisions under
* Ability to resolve problems involving multiple variables in
high stress situations.
Education and Experience
* High School Diploma or GED; a minimum of 2 years of experience
in a manufacturing facility (Food & Beverage preferred) performing
electrical maintenance duties, inspections, troubleshooting and
repairs required. Where applicable, must pass an electrical
* Some college or formal technical school education with
demonstrated aptitude and skills in electrical maintenance and
* Experience with mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, steam and
chiller applications. 4+ years of experience as an Industrial
Professional Licenses or Certifications
* Obtain and maintain all applicable state permits and/or
* Massachusetts requires a Journeyman license.
* Must be forklift certified or able to obtain forklift, aerial
* Valid Driver's License required.
* Sitting -Occasionally
* Standing -Frequently
* Walking -Frequently
* Using hands -Continuously
* Climbing -Frequently
* Stooping, Kneeling -Frequently
* Talking, Hearing - Frequently
* Tasting, Smelling-Occasionally
* Up to 10 pounds -Frequently
* Up to 25 pounds -Frequently
* Up to 50 pounds -Occasionally
* More than 50 pounds with assistance -Occasionally
* More than 100 lbs Seldom/Never, Occasionally
* Subject to indoor facility and outdoor weather conditions,
dust, noise, heat/cold.
* Lighting -Good
* Temperature -Fair
* Ventilation -Good
* Vibration -Fair
* Minimal travel may be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from
discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal
law. Click here for additional information.