Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are
the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which
achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Technician is responsible for
performing a variety of routine laboratory operations in a quality
assurance setting. Duties usually consist of making measurements,
performing several routine quantitative and qualitative biological
or chemical analytical tests according to standard procedures.
Essential Job Duties (Most important job duties explained
clearly and concisely. If mandatory overtime is required, please
list that here.)
* Monitors the production process and product by sensory, weight
control, and analytical methods to maintain product consistency and
comply with established specifications including color, moisture,
pH, weight, size, etc.
* Evaluates all finished product in regards to moisture,
ingredient content, breakage, color, package fill, raw and finished
weights, seal integrity, code date legibility, and overall product
* Accurately performs and documents all testing. Testing may
include: Inspection and testing of incoming raw materials, in
process products, finished goods, and products produced by outside
suppliers. Utilizes testing equipment for validation and/ or
* Communicates all out-of-compliance situations and product
standards to production employees and Production/QA
* Practices and adheres to safety and hygiene guidelines for
safe house keeping and personal protection. Keeps all work areas
clean, stores laboratory supplies in designated areas, keeps
benches and aisles clear. Strictly adheres to safety procedures
when handling chemicals for testing. Follows instructions for safe
* Executes the Food Safety Plan and Food Quality Plan included
in the SQF Program at the frontline level.
* Monitors the Food Safety Plan and Food Quality Plan
effectiveness and conformance with SQF system requirements
* Identifies, investigates and/or determines whether
out-of-compliance finished product should be placed on hold.
* Coordinates disposition and/or rework with leadership
* Monitors raw materials storage area locations and complete
shift tailings. Notifies appropriate personnel with any abnormal
* Monitors metal detection validation & verification.
* Audits allergen maintenance repair sheets and operator
* Conducts pre-op inspections of processing, packaging and
mixing equipment after product changeovers and/or prior to weekly
production start-up as a cross-functional team.
* Performs plant sanitation verifications to ensure allergen
free and equipment is clean. If applicable may participate in
Kleanz or respective program.
* Mandatory overtime is required.
* May perform other duties as required.
Statement of Coverage (In absence of incumbent, outline who will
perform the essential duties and responsibilities; applicable for
Quality Supervisors and Managers only.)
* QA Coordinator, Lead (Supervisor or Manager), or Qualified
Scope of Responsibility (List Title(s) of Jobs Supervised,
Authority to act, number of employees supervised, sales volume $,
projected budget $, level of decision making or impact of decisions
made to the organization. An organizational chart should be
included with job description when submitted)
* Somewhat independent; work frequently done independently by
following practices and procedures while occasionally having work
Knowledge and Skill Requirements (Knowledge, skills, and
abilities normally required for competent performance in the job -
writing skills, communication skills, analytical skills, attention
to detail, license, specific technical skills, etc. List licenses
or professional certifications required for the job.)
* Attention to details.
* Ability to pass basic math skills test.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong computer skills and have proficiency in word processing
(Microsoft Word) and Excel.
* Problem solving skills along with the ability to influence
other business units.
* Ability to use quality assessment tools which may include
calipers and scales.
Education and Experience (Minimum and preferred educational
requirements, years of experience needed to successfully perform
the job - High School or GED, High School plus specialized vocation
or technical education, college degree)
* High School Diploma or GED required; a minimum of 1 year of
food manufacturing production/QA experience is preferred.
Professional Licenses or Certifications (List professional
licenses or certificates required for the job)N/A
Physical Demands (The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of the job)
* Sitting -Occasionally
* Standing -Continuously
* Walking -Continuously
* Driving -Continuously
* Using hands -Continuously
* Climbing -Occasionally
* Stooping, Kneeling -Occasionally
* Talking, Hearing - Continuously
* Tasting, Smelling -Frequently
* Two Handed Carry - Frequently
* One Handed Carry -Frequently
Where applicable, ability to climb into trailer & walk on uneven
surfaces in order to gather samples -Occasionally
* Up to 10 pounds- Frequently
* Up to 25 pounds -Frequently
* Up to 50 pounds -Occasionally
* Up to 100 pounds -Seldom/Never
* More than 100 pounds- Seldom/Never
Work Environment (The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
successfully performing the essential functions of the job)
Subject to indoor facility and outdoor weather conditions, dust,
* Lighting -Good
* Temperature -Good
* Vibration -Fair
* Noise - Fair
Travel Required (Indicate type of travel and % of time travel is
* Minimal travel may be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from
discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal
law. Click here for additional information.