Field Service Technician
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Southern RewindingSubsidiary of IES Infrastructure Solutions,
LLC5277 Chumar DriveColumbus, GA 31904Job Title: - Field Service
Technician - - - - -Classification: Hourly -Location: -Columbus, GA
- -Job Summary: - - -Repair various kinds of electro-mechanical
equipment in the Field. - - -Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Qualified candidate will perform on- site turn-key services
on our customer sites.
- Disassemble, inspection and reassemble various types of
rotating equipment, such as, pumps, centrifugal, submersible,
vertical, turbine, gear reducers, electric motors and blowers.
- Set tolerances for bearing fit and clearances, motor
connections and testing.
- Operate lifting equipment such as forklifts, hoists and
- Provide field service for removal and installation of pumps and
- Mechanical and electrical troubleshooting of control and
- Drive and operate a utility body service crane truck.
- Fill out service reports.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures;
report all unsafe activity.
- Operate vehicle in a safely manner and use field automation
- Follow all company's filed procedures and protocols
- Will perform vibration analysis, laser alignment, and on site
balancing. -Experience, Skills and Experience: -
- Preferably, candidates will have a minimum of five (5) years
experience in rotating apparatus field repair (AC and/or DC
electric motors, pumps, blowers, etc).
- Some experience in an electric motor/job shop environment would
be greatly beneficial. - Skills required include: troubleshooting
of problems, electrical theory, mechanical theory, and
understanding of vibration analysis and alignment.
- Candidate must be available for on call and overtime work.
- Valid DL (CDL preferred but not required). 50% travel. Local
only within 150 miles. Rarely overnight stay. -Physical Demands: -
Physical demands: While performing
duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and
use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is frequently
required to walk; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. -
The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch
or crawl and talk or hear. - The employee must frequently lift
and/or move up to 300 pounds with mechanical assistant. - Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus. -
Work environment: The work
environment characteristics here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. - -While performing the duties of this job, the employee
is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or
airborne particles; and risk of electrical shock. - The noise level
in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. -Must be able
to pass pre-employment background check and drug screen, and when
applicable if duties involve operating motor vehicle must be able
to pass motor vehicle record check.IES is a national provider of
industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end
markets, including electrical, mechanical and communications
contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential
and renewable energy markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ
under the symbol IESC. As of the end of IES's 2022 -fiscal year
ending September 30, 2022, -IES produced over -$2.1 billion -in
revenue and employed over 8,000 -employees at over 130 -domestic
locations across the United States. IES is an Equal Employment
Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Females, Gender Identity, Sexual
Orientation, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans
Encouraged to Apply. -From office buildings to wind farms,
industrial complexes to housing developments, our employees and
design professionals design, build, and maintain the systems that
empower lives. -Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our
Safety is Priority One - and our
record shows itCompetitive PayCompany 401K plan with Employer
Contribution MatchCompany Paid Time OffCompany Paid Life
InsuranceChoice of Medical Coverage including PrescriptionShort
Term Disability Employer PaidLong Term Disability Employer
PaidChoice of Dental and Vision CoverageOptional Voluntary Life,
Critical Illness, Accident, Health Indemnity, Long Term Care
Keywords: IES, Columbus , Field Service Technician, IT / Software / Systems , Columbus, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...