java backend developer
Company: Global Payments Inc.
Posted on: November 25, 2022
What's it like to work on our team?Our Platform and Product
Engineering team is composed of technical Swiss army knives whose
combined ability to craft new capabilities in a rapid,
prototype-oriented environment sharpens the overall quality
standards of TSYS. Every member of our hard-working collective is
truly spearheading the evolution of fintech, meaning that every day
you'll be in lockstep with the history-makers and future-builders
of this industry. From awe-inspiring UX to vast data sets, as you
lend your valuable hand and potent brain power to the many facets
of this group effort, you'll play a significant role in bolstering
our culture of growth and innovation for generations to come.As
part of the team you will be contributing towards Modernization
efforts to architect and design platforms for the cloudSurely,
you're wondering what happens on day one of being a team member.
It's pretty simple. You walk into the building and are immediately
met with a view of the impressive interior of the Global Payments
facility. It's truly a sight. Before long, you are given a shiny
new Macbook which you can consider the canvas for your art, the
vessel for your innovation, and the key to unlocking your
technological imagination. If that doesn't excite you enough, then
meeting your new mentor should do the trick. For the first 90 days,
your mentor will back you up as you find your footing in your new
role. On that particular day, they'll introduce you to other team
members, help you get a lay of the land, and catch you up on
current projects. Then it's time for the "Pilot Push" which is your
chance to shine very early as you create and commit a code push to
Git. This is to give you an idea of how dedicated we are to
constant forward motion in the fintech industry. If engineering is
your passion, Global Payments provides you with an endless supply
of thrills.Everyday you'll do these kinds of things---
- Collaborate with engineers across the Platform and Product
Engineering team to create technical designs, develop, test, and
solve complex problems that drive the solution from initial concept
- Contribute to our automated build, deploy, and test processes
for each solution.
- Brainstorm ideas and techniques to further improve the
experience for our engineers.
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes, and technologies
to own and solve problems from end-to-end.
- Transcend the traditional boundaries of Backend, designing and
delivering performant, maintainable, and scalable features.
- Think in terms of components and systems while considering a
holistic user experience.
- Work in an engineering-focused team composed of people with a
wide range of skills.
- Demo and showcase your work for colleagues and members of the
- Conduct research on new and interesting technologies that help
to progress our products and platforms.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in computer science,
information technology or business information systems or related
- Typically, minimum of 8 year - Professional Experience in
Coding, Designing, Developing and Analyzing Data.Technology
- Java, Spring, Spring Boot, AWS, Kafka, Kubernetes, Oracle,
Postgres, DynamoDB, MongoDB, RESTful, Git, Bit.
Keywords: Global Payments Inc., Columbus , java backend developer, IT / Software / Systems , Columbus, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!