Company: Systems Integration Specialists
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Come join SIS to work on an exciting contract-to-hire role at a
This Scrum Master will be primarily responsible for working in an
agile delivery team, breaking down projects into epics, stories,
milestones, and tasks, managing sprints, planning iterations and
releases, and resolving interference, distractions, and
impediments. This critical role will be highly organized, excellent
communication skills across all organizations in the business,
understanding technical development and delivery, understand the
different roles and responsibilities required to build and deploy
software in an enterprise, and support his or her assigned delivery
- Working with product owners and stake holders to facilitation
of breakdown business requirements into epics, stories, tasks.
- Interfacing with teams involved in the development and delivery
of software, including software engineers and architects, creative,
business analysts, product owners, quality assurance testers, and
- Help the team continuously make progress on deliverables by
ensuring each person is working on the right tasks, helping to
remove any obstacles to the team members' progress, and protecting
the team from distractions.
- Report up and out on the status of tasks, stories, and
- Raise awareness of risks and work with the necessary parties to
- Remove distractions from engineering by resolving impediments
and any outside issues that may block the ability to develop
- Act as the "go to" resource for the engineering team, providing
clarity on tasks, gathering missing assets or requirements, and
handling project changes.
- Interface with stakeholders to prioritize tasks for the
- Document and record meetings, discussions, and stand ups.
- Ensuring acceptance criteria and requirements have been met on
stories and epics.
- Testing new features and functionality
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in project management field or
- Years of Experience: A minimum of 3-years as scrum master or
- Ability to work in a fast-paced agile development environment
leveraging continuous integration and test driven develop--ment and
on a team responsible for delivering multiple projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the
ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical team
members, internal and external.
- Knowledgeable and adaptable; willing to roll his or her sleeves
up and take on missing roles needed by the engineering team to "get
the job done".
- Understanding of the roles of teams outside of engineering that
are involved in releasing software and the value and
responsibilities of each of these teams.
- Works across teams outside of engineering, such as product
ownership, business analysts, user experience, creative, quality
assurance, security, and/or project management to find solutions
and answers to any issues that engineering encounters.
- Assertive in making sure that proper processes and principles
are being followed and that the correct people and teams are being
involved in decision making and solutions.
- The first to notice potential issues, differences, missing
requirements, and quality defects; elevating concerns and risks to
proper stake holders and management.
- Adaptable with a hunger to continually improve, learning new
tools and techniques to better serve the engineering team.
- Facilitates constructive discussions around blockers and risks,
working to resolve conflicts and find alternate solutions to
- Integrates into engineering teams, promoting self-organization,
working around existing processes, and helping to improve the work
management of the team with dictating.
- Brings transparency to the engineering team, growing trust
between product owners and stake holders by providing
- Assists in resource and project planning by reporting on
current engineering availability, active tasks, and sprint
- Manages work and project responsibilities by assigning tasks to
internal individuals and external teams.
- Promotes individual responsibility internally and externally by
overseeing the lifecycle of internally and externally assigned
tasks while allowing teams and individuals to work under the own
processes and priorities.
Keywords: Systems Integration Specialists, Columbus , Scrum Master, IT / Software / Systems , Columbus, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!