CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant - Restorative
Company: Aegis Therapies
Posted on: June 23, 2022
CNA / Restorative Specialist:
- Exclusive restorative responsibilities (Ambulation, transfer
training, bed mobility, active/passive range of motion,
dressing/grooming, splint/prosthesis care) with limited or none of
the "less desirable" tasks that often accompany a CNA position
- No restorative experience necessary, full restorative training
provided onsite (CNA Certification Required)-Reports to the
Director of Rehabilitation / Therapy- works closely with therapy
- Premium pay and benefitsGENERAL PURPOSEProvides knowledge and
expertise in delivering appropriate wellness, fitness and exercise
programs for patients and employees. Suggests additional programs
and provides information related to exercise/wellness activities.
Assist in the restorative care of patients as directed.ESSENTIAL
- Directly deliver wellness/exercise programs and services for
patient and employee health
- Direct or assist patients in transfer techniques to walk or use
walkers, and with range of motion. Coordinate self-help training;
coordinate or assist with other restorative functions; evaluate
progress and document daily.
- Assist patients with activities of daily living, including
bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, changing of bed lines, and
positioning in and out of bed, chair, etc.
- Communicates with supervisor and other interdisciplinary team
members regarding patient progress, problems, and plans
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and
department records according to accepted regulatory, corporate and
- Monitor client participation and performance and produces
records as requested
- Monitor existing equipment and supplies available for effective
operation of programs and makes suggestions for enhancements
- Participate as requested in quality review activities to assure
appropriate delivery of services, and standards of practice
requirements are met
- Complete required documentation relative to patient/employee
- Adhere to established procedures related to patient
- Interact with customer staff and team members in a positive
manner, work collaboratively to ensure patient/employee and
customer satisfaction relative to services renderedQUALIFICATIONS
- High School diploma or equivalent, preferred
- Current certification as Certified Nursing Assistant in state
- Specialty certification as personal trainer, exercise
specialist, fitness instructor, health and fitness specialist or
similar area, preferred
- Background in exercise and activity training with senior
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendanceKNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS, ABILITIES & BEHAVIORS
- Capable of working without direct supervision.
- Good customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient,
employee and company proprietary information
- Must have the ability to relate professionally and positively
and work cooperatively with patients, families, and other employees
at all levelsPHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
- Mobility, standing, pushing, pulling, reaching, bending,
walking, heavy lifting, fine hand coordination, ability to hear,
ability to read and write, ability to detect odors, and ability to
remain calm under stress.
- Hearing (corrected) adequate for oral/aural communication with
patients, staff, family, visitors, etc.
- Vision (corrected) adequate for reading.
- Intelligible speech and normal language / cognitive
- Must be able to push patients in a wheelchair or
- Lifting of patients*, equipment or supplies will be required up
to 20 pounds frequently, up to 50 pounds occasionally and up to 100
- Sitting, standing, and walking required throughout the
- Job duties sometimes require climbing stairs, kneeling,
twisting, bending; on occasion, crouching, crawling and reaching
- Must be able to transfer patients.*
- Must be able to demonstrate any appropriate exercise and
activities to patients / caregivers.
- Work in a fast-paced clinical environment.
- Weekend and holiday work may be required.
- Work environment is primarily indoors but occasionally
- Several task and job duties involve a risk of exposure to
Bloodborne Pathogens and other potentially infectious materials
(OPIM).CODE OF CONDUCTMust adhere to the Company's Code of Conduct
and Business Ethics policy including documentation and reporting
Keywords: Aegis Therapies, Columbus , CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant - Restorative, Healthcare , Columbus, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!