Correctional Medicine Medical Director Needed in Columbus, GA
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Medical Director opening in Columbus, Georgia. This and other
physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
Our Medical Director abides by the security regulations of The
Company and the regulations of the institution to which assigned.
Provides required documentation of services to the Regional or
Corporate Medical Director or designee in order to monitor services
provided and compliance with facility/client contract. Notifies
Regional or Corporate Medical Director and Health Services
Administrator or designee of schedule changes in schedule coverage.
Assists in arrangements for coverage of medical services if
unavailable for extended period of time.
- Medical school graduate
- Experience in Family Practice, Emergency Medicine, Internal
Medicine or Public Health preferred
- Current licensure within the State
- Maintains a current DEA number
- Current CPR certification
- Must maintain privileges
- Maintains CME requirements for continued medical practice in
- Reports to assigned facility at designated hour to examine
- Visits the infirmary daily when on-site and records encounters
in the patient's progress notes.
- Ensures progress note documentation in Electronic Medical
Record (EMR) or on approved paper form is in SOAP format, problem
oriented, corresponds to the therapeutic order and is legible, if
- Ensures all documentation is dated, timed, problem oriented and
encounters in EMR are locked with document made or legible and
signed, if handwritten.
- Ensures all verbal or telephone orders are countersigned within
one business day, if possible.
- Adheres to the established formulary for therapeutic regimens
before utilizing non-formulary procedures.
- Utilizes available in-house resource personnel for treatment or
resolution of identified problems before utilizing off-site
referral, if possible.
- Provides emergency treatment on-site and responds appropriately
in urgent or emergency situations.
- Demonstrates proper technique for cardiopulmonary resuscitation
and related drug therapy.
- Supports standards of correctional medical care through
adherence to existing policies and procedures for: admission to the
infirmary, transfer to emergency room and utilization review
process for specialty consultant referrals.
- Supervises care given by other professional or non-professional
personnel providing instructions as needed.
- Reports any doubts or questions regarding the lack of
appropriate referrals, nursing or medical intervention necessary
for the realization of established patient goals to the Regional or
Corporate Medical Director for disposition.
- Provides clinical oversight to the facility medical program, as
defined by the NCCHC and ACA standards.
- Consults with medical specialists for advice and expertise in
their respective areas.
- Provides consultation for all professionals in the system.
- Provides medical services to patients as scheduled.
- Partners with H.S.A. in supervising continuous quality
improvement program, including patient grievances, sanitation,
infection control, utilization management, pharmacy and
therapeutics and assists in development of appropriate
- Serves as member of the Continuous Quality Improvement
Committee. Make recommendations to improve patient outcomes.
- As needed not less than annually reviews and approves the
treatment protocols, clinical policies and procedures, to include
infection control and infirmary (if applicable at site) and the
fire and disaster plans.
- Serves as liaison with health care providers in the
- Works with the Health Services Administrator to identify
problems and to recommend solutions to improve patient
- Assist the Health Services Administrator to establish and
maintain Chronic Care Clinics that assure compliance with NCCHC and
ACA standards, as well as The Company policy/procedures.
- Assist the Health Services Administrator to monitor pharmacy
services including formulary compliance, prescribing patterns and
dispensing of medication.
- Respects dignity and confidentiality of patients.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keyphrases: health administration jobs, medical director jobs,
hospital administration jobs, hospital administrative jobs,
healthcare administration jobs, administration jobs, healthcare
administrator jobs, medical administration jobs, chief medical
officer jobs, medical director position jobs, associate medical
director jobs, medical ceo jobs, healthcare ceo jobs, medical
administrative jobs, executive director jobs
Keywords: Wellpath, Columbus , Correctional Medicine Medical Director Needed in Columbus, GA, Healthcare , Columbus, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!