Posted on: November 23, 2021
*Location: POSITION IS LOCATED IN LUMPKIN, GA'Easy Apply' in 7 -
10 minutes with your resume* *Work-life fulfillment schedule,
Generous PTO, 9 Paid Holidays and Much More! At CoreCivic, our
mental health teams make lasting changes in the lives of offenders,
as we set the standards of care in the industry. This is your
opportunity to make a satisfying career even more rewarding.
CoreCivic is currently seeking Psychologists who have a passion for
providing the highest quality care in an institutional setting.
CoreCivic employ over 100 psychologists and other mental health
professionals who provide clinical services, assessment,
consultation, program evaluation and staff development in the
fast-paced environment of partnership corrections. The Psychologist
plans and implements all professional psychological service
programs of a non-medical nature in the facility. Coordinates and
directs the activities of personnel engaged in providing
psychological services to inmates/residents.The successful
candidate should be able to perform ALL of the following functions
at a pace and level of performance consistent with the actual job
- Conducts psychological screenings and assessments based on
review of available records, and clinical interviews with
- As part of a mental health team, confers with other clinical
staff, e.g., psychiatrists, mental health service providers,
physicians, nurses, social workers, in order to gather and provide
information concerning patient psychological problems, to ensure
treatment activities are well integrated, and patient care
- Provides treatment to inmates by developing, implementing, and
modifying individual treatment plans based on evaluation of needs
and level of functioning.
- Makes regular rounds in segregation or other confined housing
areas to assess inmate adjustment and mental health treatment
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of psychological counseling
theory and techniques by way of treatments and activities used for
individuals in caseload.
- Provides appropriate mental health assessments, counseling, and
confrontation avoidance interventions to address the needs of
inmates in crisis.
- Consults with psychiatry, mental health, nursing, medical,
educational, chaplain, security staff, and others, as applicable to
gather information and understanding into the reasons for the
escalation of problems behaviors and changes in mental health
condition of inmates.More about CoreCivic!Headquartered in
Nashville, Tennessee with over 70 facilities nationwide, CoreCivic
is the leader in partnership corrections with a growing presence
- CoreCivic Safety, we operate safe, secure facilities that
provide high quality services and effective reentry programs that
enhance public safety.
- CoreCivic Properties, we offer innovative and flexible real
estate solutions that provide value to government and the people
- CoreCivic Community, we deliver proven and innovative practices
in settings that help people obtain employment, successful
reintegrate into society and keep communities safe.With
opportunities in correctional security, education, and healthcare,
CoreCivic has a position that's perfect for you. Each CoreCivic
facility is like a small town. Our correctional facilities feature
kitchens, dining halls, places of worship, classrooms, vocational
training centers, health care clinics, recreational areas, housing
units, administrative offices and more. Working together, we
provide hundreds of services and perform countless tasks every day.
Teamwork is a way of life for CoreCivic employees and how we are
able to provide the industry's highest quality safety and security
around the clock.CoreCivic offers a comprehensive benefits package
that includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, PTO, Paid Holidays,
401(k) with company match and paid training! Qualifications:
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a
Doctoral degree in Psychology.
- Must possess a current, unrestricted license to practice
psychology in the state where practice occurs.
- Must have two years clinical experience, which includes one
year in a comparable position.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including
Keywords: CoreCivic, Columbus , Psychologist, Healthcare , Lumpkin, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!