Medical Secretary Full time
Company: The Hughston Clinic
Posted on: January 15, 2020
Position Goal: Support the sponsoring physician through various
administrative functions to ensure that patients are serviced in
the most professional and timely manner possible.Position
- Answer phone, record messages, deliver messages to physician
and medical assistant. Must handle phone calls accordinglyattorney
calls, workers comp calls etc.
- Review charts for accuracy.
- Copy and mail dictation to PCPs and referring physicians,
Tricare, W/Comp adjusters etc and check for missing dictation.
- Schedule and maintain spreadsheet and/or prepare invoicing of
depositions, and narratives.
- Maintain current record on license renewals, memberships, CME
credits, hospital privileges, etc.
- Download all digital files to Transcriptionist on a daily
- File and track OP Notes, surgery pictures, lab data, x-ray and
- Schedule physicians meetings, appointments and make necessary
- Ensure all dictation, lab, and x-ray and test results have been
reviewed/signed off by physician.
- Transcribe physician dictation and urgent tapes as needed.
- Serve as Physicians representative to the public.
- Be sensitive to and anticipate the scheduling needs of the
- Ensure patients have have the necessary surgery/test
appointments information to include location, date, and time.
- Collaborate with the necessary departments when an urgent
request arises, to include assisting with pre-certifications.
- Route charts and films for test and surgeries per the
- Post all procedure charges (blue sheets), attach appropriate
document, and send to Athena. Clear surgery charts, work hold
buckets in workflow dashboard in Athena.
- Perform back up medical assistant duties as
assigned.Experience: One year experience in a medical office
setting required.Two years experience in a medical office setting
preferred. Typing ability of 60 WPM. Familiarity with dictation
recorder. Computer experience. Working knowledge of medical
terminology/spelling.Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
requiredSpecial Qualifications: Must be able to work independently
and have working knowledge of HIPAA requirements. Maintains BLS
certification. Current Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) must be in
satisfactory standing. May be required to work in the clinical
setting with physician.*Travel RequiredThe Hughston Clinic, The
Hughston Foundation, The Hughston Surgical Center, Hughston Clinic
Orthopaedics, Hughston Medical, and Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital
participate in E-Verify. This company is an equal opportunity
employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without
regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability,
or protected veteran status. This company is a VEVRAA Federal
Contractor.Title: Medical Secretary Full TimeID: 2380Department:
Medical SecretaryLocation: Main Clinic--Columbus, GA
Keywords: The Hughston Clinic, Columbus , Medical Secretary Full time, Healthcare , Columbus, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!