Business Manager (Home Health)
Company: Georgia Home Health
Posted on: November 8, 2019
The Home Health Business Manager is responsible for coordinating
and directing the non-clinical operations of the agency and
ensuring that all duties are performed in a timely manner. The
Business Manager is also responsible for ensuring that all
administrative support to Executive Director and/or Clinical
Director and data entry functions are operating effectively and
Georgia HomeHealth , a part of LHC Group, is the preferred
post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families
nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute
care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality,
cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health
at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have
partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the
home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group,
because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about
- Proficient with all aspects of data entry in operating systems
as applicable, and Microsoft Office Suite including but not limited
to Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Maintains office/branch manuals as needed; i.e. administrative
- Responsible for the ordering of medical supplies and office
- Responsible for submitting invoices to Home Office per policy
- Performs technical billing audits per policy and follow-up with
- Responsible for clerical functions in agency related to filing,
work flow, etc.
- Assures that all telephone traffic is managed in a
professional, customer service oriented manner and is relayed to
the appropriate people.
- Responsible for customer service training for clerical and
administrative support staff.
- Participates in Performance Improvement Plan and
- Responsible for completion and tracking of PAFs (personnel
action forms) references, health screenings, criminal background
checks, and drug screens for new hires and existing staff if
- Ensures completion and ongoing maintenance of HR/medical files
for all agency employees and contract staff. (Ex. Primary Source
- Payroll: Assures payroll accuracy. Run payroll integrity
report; initial and file with unverified services and staff
- Reviews OASIS Validation within 7 days of receipt of report and
takes appropriate action.
- Responsible for coordination of Personal Emergency Response
Program including but not limited to: scheduling, deployment,
cleaning, inventory management, and training of staff.
- Responsible for the procurement of goods and services of the
facility (ex. medical supplies, office supplies, and contracted
services) within budgeted guidelines.
- Responsible for monthly inventory of medical supplies.
- Responsible for the annual distribution of physician
- Responsible for the timely evaluation of clerical support staff
in conjunction with the Executive Director and/or Clinical
- Responsible for the day-to-day coordination, timely completion
(reporting) and troubleshooting of all training and development
activities i.e. new hire orientation, new to role training, and
ongoing training and development
- Assumes an active role in the coordination, facilitation,
tracking and reporting of professional development of staff,
ongoing skill development, and other mentoring activities .
- Responsible for maintaining an office environment that fosters
the professional growth and development of staff
- Responsible for proficiency in and timely completion of the
Business Manager Task List.
- Coordinates outgoing and incoming mail for agency.
- Assists with administrative duties related to the Human
Resources department, including expediting recruitment
advertisements, processing applications, and maintaining misc.
- Assists in the processing of paperwork related to injury and
- Assists the Executive Director and/or Clinical Director as
needed in other agency processes and functions.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- BA Degree or equivalent working experience with supervision of
administrative support staff.Experience Requirements
- Three (3) years of management experience required.Skill
- Demonstrates organizational, written/composition skills, and
- Demonstrates typing skills, filing skills, and word processing
skills (Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Word, Outlook,
- Demonstrates ability to work independently.
- Demonstrates strong process and people leadership
- Demonstrates strong financial management skills.
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that
---it---s all about helping people,--- and we live by those words
today. It---s our mission to provide exceptional care and
unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their
trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part
of the LHC Group family, you---re choosing a career path that will
challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.Every day,
all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people.
There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the
patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this
because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist.
It---s our purpose.--
Keywords: Georgia Home Health, Columbus , Business Manager (Home Health), Executive , Columbus, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!