Company: DBMC Restaurants
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Job Description: General Manager
Employer: DBMC Restaurants dba. Walk On's Sports Bistreaux
Position Classification: Full Time
The General Manager is responsible for the daily operations and
inspired leadership of the management team and team players in the
restaurant. At Walk-On's we win EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE, EVERYWAY AND
EVERYDAY. The General Manager is responsible for delivering sales
and profits at their location with a strong commitment to systems
that support our unique positioning as a brand and the Walk-On's
Way of doing everything we do.
Responsibilities: (Including, but not limited to)
- The GM consistently provides a quality product and guest
service experience that delivers total customer satisfaction. He or
she models and creates an environment in which the customer is
always right; ensures a positive guest service experience.
- The GM must understand completely all policies, procedures,
standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs along
with executing the top 4 priorities.
- The GM responds positively and quickly to customer concerns. He
or she corrects potential problems before they affect
- The GM hires high quality people who demonstrate and ensure
consistent customer satisfaction.
- Ensures all employees are trained, motivated and empowered to
deliver total guest satisfaction. Evaluates each employee's ability
to maintain high levels of guest satisfaction.
- Maintains restaurant at the level necessary to meet or exceed
the company standards for Quality, Service and
- Utilizes labor effectively to meet budgets while ensuring high
quality of QSC.
- The GM must be able to reach, bend, stoop, and frequently lift
up to 50 pounds and must have the stamina to work 50 to 60 hours
- Work in a standing position for long periods of time up to 5
hours or more.
Training and Development
- The GM continuously improves the skills, knowledge and morale
of all employees. he or she treats the employees with courtesy,
honesty and respect
- The GM effectively utilizes all training programs from new
employee orientation up to and including management training
- The GM prepares qualified employees for promotion to the next
position. He or she continually develops adequate numbers of shift
leaders to meet the objective of the business plan.
- The GM evaluates each employee's performance based on clearly
communicated standards and expectations. The GM holds the employees
accountable for performance. The GM makes tough decisions regarding
all performance related issues in the restaurant; confronts poor
- The GM will conduct weekly manager meetings.
Effective Business Management
- The GM maximizes financial performance and profit. Ensure store
achieves objectives in sales, profitability, service, quality,
appearance of facility and sanitation/cleanliness.
- The GM develops and executes the business plan (key elements
include: fiscal responsibilities, manpower planning and local
restaurant marketing) for the restaurant. Achieves results by
planning, communicating, delegating and following up.
- Executes company-wide marketing programs; initiates programs on
time, correctly and with minimal direction.
- Identifies and develops local restaurant marketing strategies
to maximize sales.
Appropriate and Fair Business Practices
- The GM ensures business and personnel practices are within the
law and consistent with policies and procedures.
- The GM serves as a role model and sets a positive example for
the entire team in all aspects of business and personnel
- Enforces all labor laws (federal, state and local).
- Follows procedures to maintain the safety and security of all
employees, customers and company assets (building, cash, equipment,
- Upholds Walk-On's food safety, food handling and sanitation
requirements, to ensure the health and safety of our customers and
- Knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and
administer prompt fair, and consistent corrective action for any
and all violations of company policies, rules, and procedures.
Cost Accounting, Developing Budgets, Financial Planning and
Strategy, Decision Making, Process Improvement, Strategic Planning,
Verbal Communication, Customer Focus, Management Proficiency,
Keywords: DBMC Restaurants, Columbus , General Manager, Executive , Opelika, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...