Assistant Manager- Assembly Plant 1
Company: Hyundai Transys Georgia Powertrain, Inc
Location: West Point
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Position SummaryProactively manage assigned department.
Responsible to effectively manage on a daily basis each aspect of
the manufacturing process efficiently with the goal being to
deliver superior results in a timely manner and in compliance with
the company's Core Values and the HTGP Employee Guidebook.
- Adheres to the Hyundai Transys Georgia Powertrain policies and
- Learns, demonstrates and upholds HTGP Core Values
- Complies with all HTGP Certification standards; Management
System (IATF16949), Environmental ISO 14001 and Health and Safety
ISO 45001 policies and procedures
- Treats all HTGP team members with respect and professional
- Always strives to maintain a positive work environment
- Manages the department budget efficiently as per approved
- Performs additional assignments / duties as required by
- Leads by example adherence to all safety policies and
- Enforces all safety policies and 5S clean philosophy to
maintain a safe, clean working environment
- Consistently exceeds / maintains company safety goals
- Works with Assembly Manager to control cost within established
- Responsible for meeting/exceeding safety, quality,
productivity, cost and delivery targets within assembly
- Plans, develops and implements standardization and control
plans to meet internal and external customer needs
- Assures internal and external quality
- Keeps Management informed of any concerns and potential
- Develops, maintains and enforces strong 5S business
- Generates and understands performance reports
- Promotes department goals by providing guidance to all team
- Ensures team members perform to policies and procedures
- Always maintains positive work environment
- Ensures effective / sufficient training of new or existing
- Proactively works to avoid employee and production related
- Supports each department as required to achieve overall
- Encourages/identifies continuous improvement opportunities
- Documents and validates the implementation of countermeasures
to identified manufacturing problems
- Monitors MES to ensure product quality
- Maintains an active open door environment to provide employees
with a productive avenue for solving problemsLeadership:
- Administers corrective action / disciplinary procedures
- Makes recommendation to hire, terminate and promote
- Enforces clean philosophy (5S) to maintain a clean working
environment and all other HTGP policies and procedures
- Builds and sustain positive team relations and effectively
handles team relation issues
- Builds and sustains positive relationships with support
- Directs all group leader activity
- Communicates effectively to management and team members
- High School/GED
- 4 Year Degree (preferred) Reporting
- Reports to: Assembly Manager
- Direct Reports: 1 - 5Competency RequirementsSUPERVISORY
COMPETENCYEffectively demonstrates leadership/management
competencies; communicates critical issues to manager in a timely
manner; meets deadlines; manages and resolves conflicts in a
positive manner; creates a positive work environment; coaches and
mentors Team Members; facilitates Team Member learning; clearly
defines development expectations; measures results/outcomes;
understands importance of labor relations; manages Team Member/
unit performance; determines objectives/strategies; controls
budget/resource utilization; meets unit/department goals;
effectively uses process/project management principles;
demonstrates and applies policy and procedures to achieve area
business results; develops and implements countermeasures to
eliminate root cause and prevent problem recurrence; provides data
as needed. CORE COMPETENCIES
- Communication: Works to insure respectful, timely, accurate and
appropriate communication across all levels of the
- Initiative: Identifies problems and takes action in light of
this identification to address current or future problems.
Proactively does things and does not simply think about future
- Engagement: Engages team members in developing goals, executing
plans and delivering results (output). Motivates team members
through clear and consistent communication. Models adaptability.
Uses collaboration and influence skills to achieve successful
- Leads by Example: Sets a good example for subordinates to
follow. Does not ask subordinates to do anything he/she is not
willing to do.
- Customer Service Orientation: Focuses efforts on discovering
and meeting the customer's needs. Develops trust in all
relationships internally and externally.
- Work Habits: Efficiently organizes and executes assignments.
Demonstrates self-discipline and reliability.
- Analytical Skills / Problem Solving: Understands situations,
problems, or issues by breaking them down into smaller pieces, or
tracing the implications of a situation in a step by step way.
Systematically organizes the parts of problems. Makes systematic
comparisons of data or aspects, prioritizing, planning, and
- Flexibility / Adaptability: Adapts and works effectively in a
variety of situations and with various individuals or groups. Seeks
and appreciates opposing perspectives on issues. Adapts approach as
the requirements of the situation change. Changes or easily accepts
change in organization or job requirements.
- Works Safely: Strives for an accident-free workplace. Keeps
safety at the "heart" of everything done. Treats safety as a
personal responsibility and sees oneself as being responsible for
the safety of others.
- Team Work: Contributes meaningfully to work group efforts by
offering new ideas for improvement. Demonstrates a cooperative
manner in dealing with supervisors and other team members. Does
his/her part toward group efforts.
- Mutual Respect and Support: Works cooperatively with others.
Welcomes and takes advantage of opposing ideas and opinions. Is
always respectful to others. TECHNICAL COMPETENCY Displays
knowledge & skills necessary to perform assigned duties;
understands Processes, procedures, standards, methods and
technologies related to assignments; demonstrates
functional/technical literacy; participates in measuring outcomes
of work; keeps current on new developments in field of expertise:
effectively uses available technology (automation, software, etc.)
Applies companywide but are specifically defined per position
essential functions. Physical Demands and Work Environment Physical
demands also at times may include safely handling multiple,
continuous parts flow in and out of manufacturing operations work
areas which requires pushing and pulling of carts. Work environment
is climate controlled in most areas.Physical
TaskDemandRemarkPhysical TaskDemandRemarkStand / WalkFrequent (34 -
66%)Forceful GripOccasional (1-5%)SitFrequent (34 - 66%)Fine
ManipulationConstant (67-100%)Comp. WorkBend/Stoop/SquatRare (1 -
5%)LiftRare (1 - 3 reps)Less than 10 lb maxForward ReachOccasional
(5-20%)CarryRare (1 - 3 reps)Less than 10 lb maxOverhead ReachRare
(1 - 5%)Push / Pull on wheeled cartRare (1 - 3 reps)Less than 10 lb
maxPosition Requirements and Qualifications
- 7 - 10 years job related experience preferred.
- Must be available to move or work on other shifts as
- Flexibility in working hours to include, nights, weekends and
holidays as required.
- Assembly experience is required. Software Skills Required
- Department Specific software not otherwise mentioned Other
- Position may require domestic or international travel.
- Tier-1 Automotive experience (preferred)
- Transmission Assembly (preferred)
- Cross Cultural experience (preferred)
- OT required as needed.
Keywords: Hyundai Transys Georgia Powertrain, Inc, Columbus , Assistant Manager- Assembly Plant 1, Executive , West Point, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...