Posted on: September 22, 2022
Why WellpathHere at Wellpath, everything that we do is about
taking care of people our patients, our staff and our partners. We
are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing
to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our
talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment,
is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources
to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
Always Do The Right Thing!About this roleOur Medical Director
abides by the security regulations of The Company and the
regulations of the institution to which assigned. Provides required
documentation of services to the Regional or Corporate Medical
Director or designee in order to monitor services provided and
compliance with facility/client contract. Notifies Regional or
Corporate Medical Director and Health Services Administrator or
designee of schedule changes in schedule coverage. Assists in
arrangements for coverage of medical services if unavailable for
extended period of time.What you bring to the tableEducation:
- Medical school graduateExperience:
- Experience in Family Practice, Emergency Medicine, Internal
Medicine or Public Health preferredLicenses/Certifications:
- Current licensure within the State
- Maintains a current DEA number
- Current CPR certification
- Must maintain privileges
- Maintains CME requirements for continued medical practice in
the StateWhat you will do
- Reports to assigned facility at designated hour to examine
- Visits the infirmary daily when on-site and records encounters
in the patient's progress notes.
- Ensures progress note documentation in Electronic Medical
Record (EMR) or on approved paper form is in SOAP format, problem
oriented, corresponds to the therapeutic order and is legible, if
- Ensures all documentation is dated, timed, problem oriented and
encounters in EMR are locked with document made or legible and
signed, if handwritten.
- Ensures all verbal or telephone orders are countersigned within
one business day, if possible.
- Adheres to the established formulary for therapeutic regimens
before utilizing non-formulary procedures.
- Utilizes available in-house resource personnel for treatment or
resolution of identified problems before utilizing off-site
referral, if possible.
- Provides emergency treatment on-site and responds appropriately
in urgent or emergency situations.
- Demonstrates proper technique for cardiopulmonary resuscitation
and related drug therapy.
- Supports standards of correctional medical care through
adherence to existing policies and procedures for: admission to the
infirmary, transfer to emergency room and utilization review
process for specialty consultant referrals.
- Supervises care given by other professional or non-professional
personnel providing instructions as needed.
- Reports any doubts or questions regarding the lack of
appropriate referrals, nursing or medical intervention necessary
for the realization of established patient goals to the Regional or
Corporate Medical Director for disposition.
- Provides clinical oversight to the facility medical program, as
defined by the NCCHC and ACA standards.
- Consults with medical specialists for advice and expertise in
their respective areas.
- Provides consultation for all professionals in the system.
- Provides medical services to patients as scheduled.
- Partners with H.S.A. in supervising continuous quality
improvement program, including patient grievances, sanitation,
infection control, utilization management, pharmacy and
therapeutics and assists in development of appropriate
- Serves as member of the Continuous Quality Improvement
Committee. Make recommendations to improve patient outcomes.
- As needed not less than annually reviews and approves the
treatment protocols, clinical policies and procedures, to include
infection control and infirmary (if applicable at site) and the
fire and disaster plans.
- Serves as liaison with health care providers in the
- Works with the Health Services Administrator to identify
problems and to recommend solutions to improve patient
- Assist the Health Services Administrator to establish and
maintain Chronic Care Clinics that assure compliance with NCCHC and
ACA standards, as well as The Company policy/procedures.
- Assist the Health Services Administrator to monitor pharmacy
services including formulary compliance, prescribing patterns and
dispensing of medication.
- Respects dignity and confidentiality of patients.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Wellpath is an
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability EmployerOur investment in you
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance plan options
- Time off & leave benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental benefits
- Perks and discounts
- And more available herehttps://wellpathcareers.com/
(https://wellpathcareers.com/#rewards)Quick ApplyNeed help finding
the right job?We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Job
22-124148Facility Muscogee County JailType Part-TimeShift Day 8
hourRecruiter Dana MartinRecruiter : Email
Keywords: Wellpath, Columbus , Medical Director, Executive , Columbus, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!