Assembly Manager Plant 2
Company: Hyundai Transys Georgia Powertrain, Inc
Location: West Point
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Position SummaryLead teams of Assistant Managers, Group Leaders,
and Team Leaders in an automotive manufacturing environment to meet
company goals and objectives. The incumbent will be responsible for
monitoring Safety, Quality, Cost, and Productivity along with daily
process improvements.Essential FunctionsCorporate:
- Adheres to the Hyundai Transys Georgia Powertrain policies and
- Learns, demonstrates and upholds HTGP Core Values
- Complies with all HTGP Certification standards; Management
System (TS16949), Environmental ISO 14001 and Health and Safety
OHSAS 18001 policies and procedures
- Treats all HTGP team members with respect and professional
- Always strives to maintain a positive work environment
- Plans, get approval for and manages the department's annual
- Efficiently manages the approved budget for optimal output /
- Performs additional assignments / duties as required by Senior
- Responsible for meeting and / or exceeding monthly KPI targets.
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures
- Complies with all safety policies and 5S clean philosophy to
maintain a safe, clean working environment
- Consistently meets company safety goals Technical:
- Structures the department's activities consistent with meeting
the business objectives.
- Manages / leads problem solving and countermeasure
- Reviews production schedules and production orders to make
decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements,
and work procedures, considering budgetary limitations and time
- Oversees production adherence to time/attendance and all other
company policies in area of responsibility.
- Holds direct reports accountable for actions and
- Leads direct reports in continuous improvement activities.
- Serves as Safety Champion in area of responsibility.
- Prepares and maintains production reports.
- Maintains Assembly's Process Chart. Leadership:
- Leads as an example of what is expected of the department.
- Mentors direct reports to develop them into more efficient and
- Empowers employees to take responsibility for their jobs and
- Delegates clear responsibility & expectations and hold
- Plans, evaluates, and improves the efficiency of business
processes and procedures to enhance safety, quality, efficiency,
- Sets and manages performance targets for direct reports.
- Develops, trains, and retains a high-quality workforce.
- High School/GED
- 4 Year Degree or comparable background of work related
experience* * Equivalent work related experience (equivalency is
figured generally as 2 years' experience equaling 1 year of formal
education) may be considered in addition to the "Position
- Reports to: Production Director (or designee)
- Direct Reports: 3 - 5 Competency RequirementsSUPERVISORY
COMPETENCYEffectively demonstrates leadership/management
competencies; communicates critical issues to manager in a timely
manner; meets deadlines; manages and resolves conflicts in a
positive manner; creates a positive work environment; coaches and
mentors Team Members; facilitates Team Member learning; clearly
defines development expectations; measures results/outcomes;
understands importance of labor relations; manages Team Member/
unit performance; determines objectives/strategies; controls
budget/resource utilization; meets unit/department goals;
effectively uses process/project management principles;
demonstrates and applies policy and procedures to achieve area
business results; develops and implements countermeasures to
eliminate root cause and prevent problem recurrence; provides data
as needed. CORE COMPETENCIES
- Communication: Works to insure respectful, timely, accurate and
appropriate communication across all levels of the
- Initiative: Identifies problems and takes action in light of
this identification to address current or future problems.
Proactively communicates issues to achieve resolution.
- Engagement: Engages team members in developing goals, executing
plans and delivering results (output). Motivates team members
through clear and consistent communication. Models adaptability.
Uses collaboration and influence skills to achieve successful
- Leads by Example: Sets a good example for subordinates to
follow. Does not ask subordinates to do anything he/she is not
willing to do.
- Customer Service Orientation: Focuses efforts on discovering
and meeting the customer's needs. Develops trust in all
relationships internally and externally.
- Work Habits: Efficiently organizes and executes assignments.
Demonstrates self-discipline and reliability.
- Analytical Skills / Problem Solving: Understands situations,
problems, or issues by breaking them down into smaller pieces, or
tracing the implications of a situation in a step by step way.
Systematically organizes the parts of problems. Makes systematic
comparisons of data or aspects, prioritizing, planning, and
- Flexibility / Adaptability: Adapts and works effectively in a
variety of situations and with various individuals or groups. Seeks
and appreciates opposing perspectives on issues. Adapts approach as
the requirements of the situation change. Changes or easily accepts
change in organization or job requirements.
- Works Safely: Strives for an accident-free workplace. Keeps
safety at the "heart" of everything done. Treats safety as a
personal responsibility and sees oneself as being responsible for
the safety of others.
- Team Work: Contributes meaningfully to work group efforts by
offering new ideas for improvement. Demonstrates a cooperative
manner in dealing with supervisors and other team members. Does
his/her part in contributing to the efforts to maximize group
- Mutual Respect and Support: Works cooperatively with others.
Welcomes and takes advantage of opposing ideas and opinions. Is
always respectful to others. TECHNICAL COMPETENCY*Displays
knowledge & skills necessary to perform assigned duties;
understands Processes, procedures, standards, methods and
technologies related to assignments; demonstrates
functional/technical literacy; participates in measuring outcomes
of work; keeps current on new developments in field of expertise:
effectively uses available technology (automation, software,
etc.)*Applies companywide but are specifically defined per position
essential functions. Physical Demands and Work Environment Physical
demands also at times may include safely handling multiple,
continuous parts flow in and out of manufacturing operations work
areas which requires pushing and pulling of carts. Work environment
is climate controlled in most areas. Physical
TaskDemandRemarkPhysical TaskDemandRemarkStand / WalkFrequent (34 -
66%) Forceful GripOccasional (1-5%) SitFrequent (34 - 66%) Fine
ManipulationConstant (67-100%)Computer WorkBend/Stoop/SquatRare (1
- 5%) LiftRare (1 - 3 reps)25 lb maxForward ReachOccasional (5-20%)
CarryRare (1 - 3 reps)25 lb maxOverhead ReachRare (1 - 5%) Push /
Pull on wheeled cartRare (1 - 3 reps)50 lb max Position
Requirements and Qualifications
- 5 - 10 years job related experience preferred Software Skills
- Department specific software not otherwise mentioned
- Must be available to move or work on other shifts as
- Position may require domestic or international travel.
- Flexibility in working hours to include nights, weekends and
holidays as required.
- Tier-1 Automotive experience preferred.
- Transmission Assembly is preferred.
- Cross Cultural Experience is preferred. PI130509949
Keywords: Hyundai Transys Georgia Powertrain, Inc, Columbus , Assembly Manager Plant 2, Executive , West Point, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!