DevOps Cloud Engineer
Posted on: November 6, 2018
Every day, the people of TSYS-- and Netspend-- improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere and for yourself we may have the right place for you.TSYS Cloud Engineer (level I or higher)Who we areTSYS is a leading financial services provider, and the technology behind many successful financial brands, products and programs. We have a people-centered focus - with our customers and within our team. That focus has helped us to innovate and grow our business to where it is today. Its also helped us build a close-knit team that enjoys new ideas and solving problems together. You might fit well in our team if you enjoy technology, are passionate about the things you create, enjoy setting your own direction and moving fast. This includes sharing opinions within the team, taking initiative to learn new things and putting in the work to make our products the best. As a TSYS Cloud Engineer Youll be a key player in TSYS hybrid cloud team where youll build solutions for AWS cloud integration, cloud management, monitoring and data center automation around platforms that support the worlds largest financial enterprises. Our platforms, networks, security architecture and partner integrations present technically challenging scalability and performance problems, so youll need a strong aptitude for learning new technologies, and an ability to solve complex problems, collaborating with peers across multiple cross-functional teams. Some other things youll do regularly include:
- Develop, deploy and support self-service tools in an Agile methodology that enable network, database, application and other engineers to get things done in AWS and within in our on premise infrastructure.
- Setup network, storage and security environments, leveraging an infrastructure as code approach. We use Hashicorp and other open source tools.
- Design, implement, and test disaster recovery and business continuity architectures.
- Develop and streamline resource metering and management tools across both AWS and on premise cloud environments.For this role, youll bring the following qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, information technology or business information systems or related field.
- Experience with AWS technology stack is a plus (including EC2, EC2 Container Service, Network, VPC, Cloudformation, Cloudtrail, ELB, S3/EBS, RDS, etc.). AWS certified engineers will receive maximum consideration.
- Broad technology background with understanding of VMware server virtualization, Cisco UCS Compute, Database, Storage and Networking.
- Build engineering automation and productivity tools to efficiently scale applications in the production environment using Jenkins, Bitbucket and JIRA
- Ability to break down requirements and get things done.
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional team and practice open communication both written and verbal.What Are We Looking For in This Role?Qualifications (for Level 1 or Above)
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business or related field
- Typically Minimum 4 Years Relevant Exp
- Four-year college degree and 4+ years professional experience, or a high school diploma with 6+ years professional experience in coding, designing, developing and analyzing dataNot Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!US Applicants:
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at PayandBenefits@tsys.com.
Outside of US Applicants:TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.
Keywords: TSYS, Columbus , DevOps Cloud Engineer, Engineering , Columbus, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!