Facilities Process Engineer
Posted on: May 13, 2022
This is where you save and sustain lives At Baxter, we are
deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter,
your work makes a positive impact on people around the world.
You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we
know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients. -Baxter's
products and therapies are found in almost every hospital
worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have
pioneered significant medical innovations that transform
healthcare.Together, we create a place where we are happy,
successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your
best work. -Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining
lives- where your purpose accelerates our mission. -This position
is an integral part of a team that will provide all facilities
related services to efficiently operate Baxter Opelika's 24/7
production operations. The position focus will be on the successful
operation of all facilities related utility systems and facilities
related contracts for providing the production operations with
quality services to meet and exceed all expectations.Essential
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage small to medium size Facilities projects as assigned and
ensure that each project stays within the allocated scope, schedule
- Develop and define project technical specifications in close
coordination with project sponsors
- Develop all necessary supporting project documentation (i.e.,
financial justifications, capacity analysis, FMEAs, Control Plans,
Capability Studies, Flow Analysis, acceptance criteria, etc.
- Serve as mechanical Subject Matter Expert for the Facilities
Department, supporting peer engineers, including different
disciplines, by providing mechanical expertise for multiple site
- Complete mechanical designs for facilities projects
independently and oversee engineering firms throughout the project
- Responsible for performing work in accordance with internal
SOPs and Good Engineering Practices, and ensuring compliance with
the following regulations: EPA, and all other applicable State and
- Takes ownership of equipment, systems, and processes becoming a
subject matter expert for troubleshooting and presenting
improvements to sustain operations.
- Identify system upgrades and lead scope, cost estimate, budget,
and ROI analysis to justify capital allocation to management.
- Proactively identify technology and process gaps in
manufacturing processes as well as opportunities for safety, cost,
and product quality improvement.
- Provides technical support and assistance to Facilities
Technicians via structured problem-solving methodologies to
troubleshoot and repair facilities equipment.
- Owns, manages, and continuously improves the Building
Management System (BMS).
- Troubleshoot unexpected events during cGMP manufacturing,
assist in investigating and documenting process non-conformances
and CAPAs and evaluate product impact of process excursions outside
critical process parameters.
- Prepare and/or execute equipment change control and validation
protocols (IQ/OQ/PQ) to support continued process
- Test and approve new equipment before handing off to operations
- Assist Facilities Technicians as needed to ensure cGMP
compliant processes and work instructions are accurate and
- Drive operational excellence and maintenance adherence to
assure system uptime.
- Manage utility usage (electrical, water, gas) and capacity
data, analyze for trends and improvement opportunities, and report
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment by
implementing engineering controls to mitigate risk, issuing near
miss reports, and promoting safety within the workplace.
- Works toward plant EMS-Enterprise Management System goals.
- Works with the Facilities team on the development and execution
of plant shutdown activities.
- Ensure plant has all applicable permits required by federal,
state, and local authorities.
- All other activities as communicated by the Facilities
- Must be able to work in an environment without daylight /
- Frequently ascends/descends a ladder to access machinery.
- Lifting and/or moves up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift
and/or move in excess of 50 pounds using lifting aids, techniques,
or appropriate assistance.
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate equipment is
- Requires standing, walking, bending, pulling, pushing, climbing
- Advanced skills with computer aid design (Solidedge,
Solidworks, AutoCAD, etc.) and proficiency with Microsoft Office
Suite (Access, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer,
- Ability to read and interpret Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams
(P&IDs), electrical one-line diagrams and control
- Experience performing engineering tasks as a mechanical or
process engineer from concept design through construction document
closeout, including development of construction drawings,
specifications, calculations, and cost estimates
- Good working knowledge of ASME/ASHRAE/ASTM Codes, Building Code
of Alabama, and standards
- Experience in construction administration; requests for
information and in-field observations
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, able to effectively interact
within a project team.
- Possesses excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in technical writing, such as process validation and
documentation activities.Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline, with
5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment as a project
engineer/project manager; or
- Master degree in an Engineering discipline, with 3+ years of
experience in a manufacturing environment as a project
- Detailed knowledge of facilities utility distribution systems
including electrical distribution, steam and condensate, compressed
air, cooling water systems, chillers and chilled water, cooling
towers and air handlers.
- Detailed knowledge of engineering principles in statics,
dynamics, heat transfer, and fluid flow.
- Strong experience with regulations, cGMP and
pharmaceuticals/medical device industry preferred.
- Proficient in document change control and CAPA processes.
- Proven ability to apply mechanical or electrical theory and
related knowledge in the design, testing, and troubleshooting of
operational utility systems and electronic control equipment and
circuitry in a manufacturing plant.
- Prior experience in a pharma, life science or medical device
- Lean & Six Sigma experience is a plus#LI-AD#IN-USOPS -The
successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he
or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable
accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious
beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable
law.Equal Employment OpportunityBaxter is an equal opportunity
employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran
status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected
characteristic. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Reasonable
AccommodationsBaxter is committed to working with and providing
reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities
globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you
need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or
interview process, please click on the here and let us know the
nature of your request along with your contact
information.Recruitment Fraud NoticeBaxter has discovered incidents
of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter
employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job
seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial
information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our .
Keywords: BAXTER, Columbus , Facilities Process Engineer, Engineering , Opelika, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!