Air Conditioning Technology Adjunct Instructor
Company: Columbus Technical College
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Columbus Technical College is seeking an individual to serve as
a Part-time Technical Instructor in our Air Conditioning Technology
Department. This individual will be responsible for general
supervision, preparation of lesson plans for classroom and lab
hands on lab instruction. This position also requires evaluation of
student progress in attaining goals and objectives; attend staff
development training, workshops, seminars, and conferences, and
ensure all safety and security requirements are met in trainings.
This position is part-time/exempt.
Please note the following information regarding this
- May be required to teach high school students
- May require teaching on or off campus throughout our service
delivery area (Muscogee County, Stewart County, Quitman County,
Chattahoochee County, Harris County, and Talbot County)
- May require travel
- Instruct students in heating and air conditioning technology
- Position will entail standing for long periods of time, bending
and stooping to perform lab demonstrations, and the ability to lift
items weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Follow state standards in developing program and course
outlines, goals, and objectives.
- Evaluate students' progress in attaining goals and
- Request and maintain supplies, tools, and equipment, and
prepare budget requests.
- Develop teaching methods and maintain management procedures and
- Meet with students, staff members and other educators to
discuss students' instructional programs and other issues impacting
the progress of the students.
- Ensure safety and security requirements are met in the training
- Respond in a timely manner to administrative requests.
- Assist with recruitment, retention, and job placement
- Maintain program certification requirements, as
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Effective written and oral communication
- Keen observation, supervision, and evaluation skills
- General Computer knowledge (Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- An associate degree from an accredited college or
- Diploma in Air Conditioning Technology from an accredited
college or technical institution
- Minimum of 2 years recent work experience in heating and air
- EPA Universal Certification
- Training or teaching experience
- Basic Computer Skills
- AL or GA HVAC licensure
Pay rate is commensurate with education and experience, no
Applications accepted until filled. Applicants must submit a
Columbus Technical College employment application online and upload
a cover letter, resume and copy of transcript(s) at time of
application (Incomplete submissions will not be considered).
**Please note: All references will be checked prior to employment
offer. Post offer requirements will include a criminal background
check and motor vehicle records check. **
The Technical College System of Georgia and its constituent
Technical Colleges do not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability,
age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled
veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, spouse of military member or
citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted
or mandated by law). This nondiscrimination policy encompasses the
operation of all technical college-administered programs, programs
financed by the federal government including any Workforce
Investment Act of 1998 (WIA) Title I financed programs, educational
programs and activities, including admissions, scholarships and
loans, student life, and athletics. It also encompasses the
recruitment and employment of personnel and contracting for goods
The Technical College System of Georgia and its colleges shall
promote the realization of equal opportunity through a positive
continuing program of specific practices. The following persons
have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the
nondiscrimination policies for Columbus Technical College: Henry
Gross, Title IX Coordinator, at 706.649.1883 and Olive
Vidal-Kendall, Section 504 Coordinator, at 706.649.1442.
Keywords: Columbus Technical College, Columbus , Air Conditioning Technology Adjunct Instructor, Education / Teaching , Columbus, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!