Director, Investor Relations - Atlanta or Columbus, GA
Company: Synovus Financial Corp.
Posted on: September 9, 2019
Directs and oversees the Synovus investor relations function.
Communicates with shareholders, analysts and/or the general
financial community to develop and maintain positive relationships.
Implements strategies and communication initiatives to ensure the
organization's relationships with shareholders reflect positively
on the company's stock price. Works closely with the CFO and
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develops, implements and manages a comprehensive, strategic
investor relations program in compliance with corporate policies
and securities regulations. Communicates key messages to
prospective and existing investors, preparing investment related
presentations, and assisting in preparing daily, weekly, and
* Communicates Synovus' financial position and strategy to analysts
(on both buy and sell side) by establishing and managing external
relationships with analysts, including coordination of requests for
meetings between investment analysts and executive management as
necessary. Oversees the relationship with third party vendors,
including transfer agent and proxy agents, ensuring service level
agreements are met.
* Monitors earnings calls and develop/prepares press releases of
quarterly earnings. Assists in the design of Q&As for the
investor community and communicates key internal developments that
have occurred in the organization. Provides valuable information
regarding the company's strategies, its operations, and overall
financial performance. Identifies and taps new potential
* Co-develops, implements and updates, in conjunction with
Communications, the organization's external messaging across
different formats such as investor and rating agency presentations
and press releases. Conducts daily, weekly, and monthly meetings
with investors and analysts in person or via telephone to address
relevant questions or concerns.
* Plans and schedules road shows and investor conferences as it
relates to both equity and capital markets investors. Maintains and
updates relevant historical and forecasted trading multiples,
consensus estimates and stock price performance. Manages ad hoc
research projects. Updates executive management regarding
priorities and concerns of shareholders.
* Works with Capital Market Specialists, including investment
Bankers to determine the company's ability to access capital
markets. Works with the Corporate Treasurer to determine
appropriate capital levels structure for the company based on
capital adequacy requirements, cost of capital and desired level of
return on shareholder equity.
* Interfaces with corporate counsel on securities regulations and
corporate governance issues. Ensures Synovus' compliance with its
public disclosure obligations. Manages the Investor Relations
portions of the Synovus Annual Report, including Letter to
Shareholders. Ensures materials sent to investors are accurate,
up-to-date and in compliance with Synovus' policies and
* Manages preparation of quarterly earnings calls, investor
conferences, and meetings. Drafts Company presentations, earnings
releases, earnings call scripts, and prepares talking points for
executive management. Generates relevant periodic reports on
investor activity for executive management and the Board of
Directors. Coordinates and manages the Company's hosted financial
events, including the annual shareholder meeting and site
* Remains knowledgeable about the most significant strategic and
financial factors affecting the company and performs in-depth
financial analysis, researching the market and monitoring trading
trends and obtaining answers for questions raised by executive
management or investors.
* Stays abreast of economic news, industry trends and bank peer
analytics. Performs a range of analyses including industry
analysis, competitive analysis, and comparative valuation. Performs
competitive and cross divisional analysis of industry peers and
monitors peer public disclosures such as presentations made at
* Oversees the management shareholder services activity that cannot
be resolved by the Company's transfer agent, as well as the
oversight of the company's Director Stock Purchase Plan and
Dividend Reinvestment Plan.
* Serves as Enterprise Risk Liaison regarding matters of
reputational risk that may impact shareholders.
* Serves as primary point of contact for the company's primary
credit rating agencies.
* Provides leadership, direction and growth opportunities to
members of the department, performing those responsibilities in
accordance with the Company's policies and applicable laws.
Responsible for interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning or
directing work, appraising performance, disciplining team members
and resolving problems. Works with the Human Resources Department
to resolve more complex team member-related issues.
* Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their
functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures,
laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role.
Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected
violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely
* Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in
* Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance or a
related discipline OR an equivalent combination of education and
* Ten years of financial services experience with a concentrated
focus on finance, investor relations, treasury and mergers and
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Understanding of the impact that various economic and interest
rate environments have on the financial performance and products
within a mid-size regional bank.
* Knowledge of economic concepts and capital markets
* Knowledge and understanding of financial modeling and valuation
concepts/techniques used by analysts and investors, or direct
financial planning experience.
* Understanding of general principles and regulations related to
communicating with the investor/analyst community.
* Experience utilizing financial forecasting and reporting systems,
such as SAP, Hyperion, Sungard and QRM.
* Ability to lead cross functional teams over a complex multi-state
financial services financial services company.
* Ability to communicate complex financial theories to both low
level analysts and Executive Management.
* Expertise required in banking and financial concepts, practices,
* Experience presenting financial forecasts and results to
Executive Management and the Board of Directors.
* Extensive and advanced proficiency using Microsoft Office
Keywords: Synovus Financial Corp., Columbus , Director, Investor Relations - Atlanta or Columbus, GA, Accounting, Auditing , Columbus, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!