Digital and Treasury Services Supervisor - Columbus
Company: Synovus Financial Corp.
Posted on: September 9, 2019
Supervises and coordinates the day-to-day activities and
facilitation of workflow for one or more Customer Care teams
responsible for inbound telephone calls. Provides direction,
leadership and guidance to team members. Plans, evaluates, and
documents team performance to ensure internal and external
customers are receiving the highest level of professional and
courteous support services. Assists Team Leads with floor coverage
and serves as an escalation point for addressing and resolving the
most difficult and complex customer and Banker issues. Ensures
continuous coverage of Customer Care functions. Serves as primary
point of contact for Specialty groups including Online and Mobile
Banking, Team Member Support (611) or Treasury and Wires.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Supervises and coordinates the day-to-day activities of one or
more Customer Care teams. Completes staffing and scheduling
coordination to ensure proper coverage of functions and
prioritization of workflow.
* Ensures established standards, goals and service levels for key
metrics such as quality, talk time, adherence to assigned schedule,
knowledge of products and services, and accurate and timely call
logging are continuously met. Manages monthly database cleanup to
optimize reporting and complete required maintenance tasks.
* Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and
recommendations for strategic plans to prepare action plans,
implementing into production and call center standards while
determining system improvements.
* Conducts daily huddles and regular meetings with team members to
continuously communicate key information regarding changes to
business and/or bank policies, procedures, products and services.
Provides coaching and training to team members regarding the
introduction/referral of products and services to new or existing
* Monitors queues and tracks inbound call quality keeping team
members aware of inbound calls, calls that are waiting and
abandonment rate. Reviews feedback data with team members providing
improvement opportunities. Assists in the development of training
documents that support Customer Care operations.
* Serves as an escalation point for resolving the most difficult
customer issues. Researches, resolves, and responds to escalated
cases through direct action or referral to the appropriate person
or department. Makes decisions regarding payments and other
requests as needed. Initiates service recovery efforts with
customers, as needed, regarding inquiry follow-up.
* Administers post-classroom training of new hires, ensuring a
comprehensive understanding of departmental and bank policies,
procedures, products and services. Serves as a change agent for
Customer Care assisting with organizational effectiveness,
improvement, and development. Demonstrates the Customer Covenant
each day providing the highest level of customer service.
* Monitors program and system performance including telephone
system, voice response unit, data processing, and workforce
management systems. Works in partnership with Workforce to optimize
agent availability and productivity around forecasted call volume.
Alerts managers, as appropriate, when issues arise. Coordinates and
participates in user acceptance testing as part of a variety of
Customer Care program and system initiatives.
* Provides project management and coordination efforts regarding
products and services offered in Specialty Groups. Serves as
Customer Care representative regarding upcoming Specialty Group
projects and initiatives. Meets regularly with business unit
partners including project managers, leadership and other
stakeholders. Maintains consistent communication to enhance the
Customer Experience. Resolves issues and technical problems to
ensure service levels are met and frontline is kept up-to-date.
* Provides direction and support to project teams and tracks and
reports project status to leadership. Presents reports defining
project progress, concerns, risk and solutions. Improves quality
results by recommending changes as needed in accordance with
* Provides leadership, direction and growth opportunities to
members of the department, performing those responsibilities in
accordance with the Company's policies and applicable laws.
Responsible for interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning or
directing work, appraising performance, disciplining team members
and resolving problems. Works with the Human Resources Department
to resolve more complex team member-related issues.
* Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their
functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures,
laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role.
Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected
violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely
* Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Four years of specialty product customer service experience
including two years in a lead role.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Strong knowledge of applicable Synovus specialty products and
* Knowledge of call center operations, functions, systems, policies
* Knowledge of workforce management practices and tools.
* Strong project management skills.
* Ability to continually support people through individual
* Ability to confidently facilitate team discussions and
communicate business messages.
* Strong listening skills and a positive communicator.
* Proficiency using Microsoft Office software products.
Keywords: Synovus Financial Corp., Columbus , Digital and Treasury Services Supervisor - Columbus, Accounting, Auditing , Columbus, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!