Senior Teller (Full-Time) Midland Crossings Branch - Columbus, GA
Company: Synovus Financial Corp.
Posted on: June 11, 2019
As the main point of contact to service customer transactions,
tellers are responsible for providing a positive experience that
leads to customer satisfaction and product referrals/sales. Tellers
process transactions accurately and efficiently while
simultaneously introducing products and services that meet the
customers' needs and encouraging customers to expand their
relationships. Demonstrates passion for delighting the customer by
living the Customer Covenant every day. The Senior Teller will
typically perform one or more of the following additional
responsibilities: Back-up Branch Service Supervisor; Vault Teller;
Back-up to Personal Banker; Teller Mentor.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Creates an industry leading customer service experience by
following the Synovus Customer Service Standards.
* Proactively greets customers at teller station or designated
greeter station to create a connection and develop rapport with
customers to provide outstanding, personalized service.
* Demonstrates high level of accuracy and efficiency when
conducting customer transactions and maintains accurate records of
all transactions. Executes various customer transactions, including
but not limited to: receiving and paying out cash or other
disbursements, cashing checks, accepting account deposits and
withdrawals, accepting loan and credit card payments, issuing money
orders and Connections cards.
* Assist customers with inquiries and /or problem resolution in a
professional and composed manner and escalates to manager as
Sales and production-related job functions:
* Demonstrates solid working knowledge of bank products and
services. Listens carefully to customers to understand their
financial priorities and to recommend products and solutions that
will benefit them.
* Actively promotes the bank's products and services by connecting
customers through referrals to appropriate departments for
* Serves as the primary sales role in the bank for Synovus Connect
* Participates in daily kick-offs/huddles and weekly sales
meetings. Champions products as assigned and shares specific
product information and sales tips.
* Performs proactive outreach to customers and prospects during
sales campaigns and promotions.
* Appropriately utilizes the Sales Management system to capture and
* Meets or exceeds individual performance sales goals while
supporting the goals of the branch. Participates in sales and
training activities to reach closed referral goals.
* Makes outbound calls to customers in order to discuss their
financial needs and recommend products and solutions that would
Operations related job functions:
* May perform Teller admin role in Teller Insight.
* Knows and follows Branch Operations Standards, policies and
procedures. Follows business code of conduct, compliance and
regulatory guidelines and policies, and PFP updates. Completes
compliance and other assigned technical/operations training on
* Understands the bank's security policies and procedures, assists
in opening and closing procedures and maintaining codes, alarm
function, cameras, cash controls and other opening / closing
* Appropriately utilizes override authority.
* May perform as the IBS Teller Insight Branch Administrator as
needed. Updates profiles for users, assigns authority, performs
other IBS Teller Insight Administration tasks.
* Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their
functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures,
laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role.
Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected
violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely
* Performs other related duties as required.
Additional Job functions that Senior Teller may perform:
* May serve as lead Teller and/or back up to the Branch Service
Supervisor providing coaching and guidance to junior tellers.
* Supplies branches and corporate customers with coin and
* Monitors and maintains established levels of cash in vault and
determines what needs to be ordered and/or shipped. Supply and
verify cash to and from customers, tellers, and other branches.
* Verifies sums of coins and currency received from branches,
customers and money from tellers.
* Prepares, verifies and ships coin and currency to the Federal
* Maintains daily log of shipments to/from the branches. Prepares
monthly currency transactions report.
* May perform basic Relationship Banker duties. Please note: This
position is not eligible for NMLS number and, therefore, cannot
work on real estate loans. May serve as a Mentor for new
* Achieving Goals: Focuses efforts on results that matter; builds
enthusiasm for the organization's goals; demonstrates a passion for
producing top quality work; handles high priority tasks with a
sense of urgency.
* Communicating: Communicates clearly and effectively in a concise
and straightforward manner; adapts communication style to the
audience and situation; openly shares information and keeps people
updated; listens patiently and asks questions to clarify others'
point of view.
* Customer Focus: Demonstrates a passion for exceptional customer
service; anticipates and responds to changing customer needs; leads
others to deliver outstanding customer service; champions company
standards associated with superior customer service.
* Job Knowledge: Shares knowledge willingly with others;
demonstrates insight into the industry, the market, and
competitors; demonstrates a strong work ethic and high
* Adapting to Change: Remains flexible and open to new ways of
working; keeps an upbeat attitude, even in challenging or stressful
situations; can effectively cope with change; can shift gears
comfortably; shows willingness to learn new methods, procedures, or
* Initiative: Is personally committed to and actively works to
continuously improve him/herself; delegates effectively and to the
right level; understands that different situations and levels may
call for different skills and approaches; self starter to seize
opportunities as they arise.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in
the workplace. Minimum Education: High school diploma or
Minimum Experience: Two years (2) of Teller experience; or one (1)
year of Teller experience + one (1) year of college/vocational
school; or one (1) year of Teller experience + one (1) year of
experience in Retail sales environment.
Prior Teller experience may be substituted with bachelor's degree
in finance/business related field and one (1) year experience in
Retail sales environment or equivalent combination of college in
finance/business field and Retail Sales environment to equal four
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Demonstrates ability to adhere to professional dress code
* Demonstrated ability to achieve individual and team goals.
* Ability to identify customer financial needs, goals and
* Skill set to back up Teller Manager/Vault Teller
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability and desire
to establish rapport with customers
* Ability to read, perform basic math functions, follow written
instructions and learn new information
* Basic knowledge of personal computers and other business
* Careful attention to detail and ability to manage time
Keywords: Synovus Financial Corp., Columbus , Senior Teller (Full-Time) Midland Crossings Branch - Columbus, GA, Accounting, Auditing , Columbus, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!